Sign in to follow this  
BinaryExecution

Two-factor authenticator is a mess

So I'll describe the situation real quick:

1. Get your account "secured" with 2FA
2. Fuck up your phone
 0a6b7a3539cfa5ba5bd9dcb9808e572b_700x390.jpg
3. Yours account not yours anymore
4. Write to support *As there is no option to unlink 2FA by yourself.
*And here's were the trick starts, first of all, to send ticket to support, you need new account as you can't get in your main.
6. Ticket completed, now you have to wait unlimited amount of time till support will react to your ticket & prey god so they unlink 2FA from your account simultaneously instead of asking dumb questions that will react in 1-2 extra weeks of waiting till you will be able to get your account back.
*The thing is that it's already third day from the moment I posted my ticket & still got no answer, just want to belive that it wouldn't take them month to unlink 2FA from my account, as it's not serious.

Something needs to be changed in system of 2FA

1 hour ago, BinaryExecution said:

So I'll describe the situation real quick:

1. Get your account "secured" with 2FA
2. Fuck up your phone
 0a6b7a3539cfa5ba5bd9dcb9808e572b_700x390.jpg
3. Yours account not yours anymore
4. Write to support *As there is no option to unlink 2FA by yourself.
*And here's were the trick starts, first of all, to send ticket to support, you need new account as you can't get in your main.
6. Ticket completed, now you have to wait unlimited amount of time till support will react to your ticket & prey god so they unlink 2FA from your account simultaneously instead of asking dumb questions that will react in 1-2 extra weeks of waiting till you will be able to get your account back.
*The thing is that it's already third day from the moment I posted my ticket & still got no answer, just want to belive that it wouldn't take them month to unlink 2FA from my account, as it's not serious.

Something needs to be changed in system of 2FA

If you don't secure your account in a Secure way, isn't their problem.

I've got 2FA, and in case my phone will "f*ck up" like your, i have the backup of the app i can use via web or any other phone, just login on my account and retriving all the codes again.

But, i do agree with that, if you don't have that, you are f*cked.

i hope wil be better in the future.

Damn 2fa doing what its supposed to, and damn support for making you verify your information before giving you access to that account.

What a bunch of jerks.

Also, like swft said, use "authy" instead.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:49 PM, CookiePuss said:

Damn 2fa doing what its supposed to, and damn support for making you verify your information before giving you access to that account.

What a bunch of jerks.

Also, like swft said, use "authy" instead.

Brave talks but in fact, all other websites that have this kind of shit as "secure" option for you account, got an unlink option trough message that drops to your phone number in such case.
Is it that complicated or what?! And of course talking about "authy", you can always attach fifth wheel to your car & say now it's better, but I prefer four as regular. *And yes, I'm from those people that think it's unsecure to store your 2FA codes somewhere in cloud-based service

39 minutes ago, BinaryExecution said:

Brave talks but in fact, all other websites that have this kind of shit as "secure" option for you account, got an unlink option trough message that drops to your phone number in such case.
Is it that complicated or what?! And of course talking about "authy", you can always attach fifth wheel to your car & say now it's better, but I prefer four as regular. *And yes, I'm from those people that think it's unsecure to store your 2FA codes somewhere in cloud-based service

Cool story but you elected to do this and I'm not sure how its LOs fault you didnt realize what you were agreeing to.

It's not that I'm unsympathetic,  I'd be stressed too. But it's still your fault and not LOs.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:01 PM, BinaryExecution said:

stuff

or just get a better app for 2fa ya know xd

On 5/22/2020 at 8:12 PM, swft said:

Authy. Get it, now.

yep authy would have definitely prevented that

in fact it literally happened to me a few days ago and authy saved my butt lol

Edited by heelruby
adding more stuff

26 minutes ago, heelruby said:

or just get a better app for 2fa ya know xd

yep authy would have definitely prevented that

in fact it literally happened to me a few days ago and authy saved my butt lol

I do use both Authy and Microsoft Authenticator, because hotmail/outlook/xbox requires microsoft account, which requires 2-step verification from their authenticator.

if there was a way to activate it on Authy i would do that.

Edited by AlishaAzure
Found the way, nvm.