Sign in to follow this  

Dual GTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6's SLI linked or a RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6?

I plan on upgrading to be able to play games on max and not experience fucking lag all the time xd. Im going from i5 6.6k 3.5ghz, 16gb ddr4, gtx to i9 9900K 4.7ghz on all 8 cores with 16mb cache, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 ( or dual 2070s ), 32GB DDR4, with an SSD.

Any and all opinions are very much appreciated~

If you want the max out of your cpu you could overclock it up to 5.2/5.3+ GHz, but depends from what cooler you will have on it, just don't push too much if you can't.

SLI is something that could be needed in terms of.. work? I don't know, not even in that i think, is so old and outdated.

From what i have seen and my pc building experience, just go with the single GPU option you have there.

The thing is.. during this situation im not sure if i would ever suggest you to upgrade right now, if you wanna have the most recent and top build just wait till Q3/Q4 2020 when new stuff gonna be released.

I know, it is a pretty long and annoying wait, but it could worth it at the same time.

Im also waiting.

Last thing is, do you really need a system that basically will sleep even when you are playing?

No offense of course, everyone have different opinions and thoughts, i have a similar build and any game i play, basically my PC just sleep, probably this type of system will be pushed to it's limits in 2/3 years, but how technology works these days you know alredy the answer, this whole thing, will be entirely outdated, still if you spend tons of money.

Just be sure of what you are going to do and if you really need it.

Don't waste your money.

Im telling you this because i also wanted to upgrade to an RTX 2080 Ti after my Titan Xp died some months ago, but i didn't at the end.

Instead i picked up an AMD 5700, which is not bad but is not perfect for me, still i did because i didn't wanted to waste my money in something that will not going to be anymore the top tier GPU from Nvidia.

As for the type, well, i choosen AMD because at the moment i didn't had many options, all Nvidia cards were a bit pricy and many others were not avaiable so, still a GPU anyway.

1) APB memory issues with RTX until EU 2.1 won't come out;

2) There aren't many games with RTX, or there are some of them but no one offer a true RTX experience (or only 1/2 of them currently);

3) Too much power for no games, well, in this period not many games are releasing, except remakes and smaller titles that surely not require all that power;

4) Wrong moment to pick up some stuff, prices could be higher than usual due to the situation, not much stocks, delayed or higher speditions times;

5) Wait till Q3/Q4 2020 for the new Ampere technology by Nvidia and RDNA-RTX by AMD.

Edited by AlishaAzure

That pc is a workstation that happens to also be good at gaming, more than anything else hahaha. You could manage to pull off some light tensor work on that and pretty decent render times on blender, if you're into that stuff.

Anymore opinions? Im about to purchase this Wednesday! 😄

worth waiting out for the next line of nvidia gpus

but if i must choose, i'd pick a dedicated rtx 2080 ti over any sli loadout

from what i know, there are games that don't make use/ handle sli gpus

I hear RTX3000 series should release around September, which is only 4 months from now.

GPU prices might shift greatly as the RTX3000 is expected to be a considerable jump from RTX2000.

If you can wait for ~4-5 months that would be great, if you are rich and don't care then 2080ti should be fine for anything that is not APB.

P.S: They say the RTX memory bug with APB will be fixed with the new engine, so that is also something to look forward to.

Edited by Lily Rain
Added P.S
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this