Sign in to follow this  
BrandonBranderson

Turbo Test Districts

First off I just want to say that this idea is just for fun and the contents of this test district ARE NOT to be considered for normal mission districts!  Also this is for post engine upgrade, so no need to say "Engine upgrade is more important".  I know that, just chill.

So a long time ago test districts were introduced that could easily change parameters of items in that specific district server.  Here's my idea just for a fun, sandboxy district to play around in, also considering that LOD is faster in the engine upgrade and you will actually be able to load the world faster.

-All cars have their normal top speed increased by 100%.

-Torque is the same as normal servers.

-Gear ratios will need tweaked to ensure that the amount of torque can actually carry the car to its new top speed.

-Ramming and collision damage multipliers will have to be halved to prevent a head on collision exploding on impact.

-The top speed increase from Nitro is doubled. (it's a tiny amount anyway)

-Torque increase from Nitro is untouched.

-Steering angle and speed will most likely need to be adjusted

This would mean that the Vegas, Jericho, and Rapier for example, all would be able to reach 106 MPH (170 KPH)

Just an idea for some stupid fun outside of missions and fight club, no need for balance considerations.  Again, this is not to be considered for the main game, just a test district to play around in with potentially minimal effort on LO's part.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

Pretty sure the vehicle speed limit is both an engine limitation and a server limitation. 

Also something about people with terrible harddrive speeds.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Pretty sure the vehicle speed limit is both an engine limitation and a server limitation. 

Also something about people with terrible harddrive speeds.

good thing we got that engine update coming up, aye?
(honestly though, I'd like LO to try out increasing max speed in the current engine just to check if it's actually limited by the engine or server, or if RP was lying back in the days)

I'm all for increasing max speed... the current max speed is a joke, and racing always felt like driving gokarts.

but also, cars in general need a good rebalance.. something like a mikro should easily outrun a pioneer, but it can't.