valdas001

About bounty system

16 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Really don't like this change.  The only thing that should have been changed is killing someone of the same faction getting rid of your bounty.  That shouldn't happen and only promotes teamkilling.  The real problem with APB is new player retention.  Nobody ever left the game because of a damn bounty interrupting their mission and if they say that they did then they are seriously exaggerating.  How often does that honestly happen?

Throughout my entire time playing (only joined the forum a few years after joining the game), an outside bounty only ruined at most 5 or 6 missions.  Pretty much all of the people that I've introduced to the game all thought the bounty system was pretty cool and one of them even said they feel like it adds a bit of life to the game when you're out of mission and that "it's really cool to see a bunch of people ganging up on one person who's really good".  The only people this system negatively affects are experienced players who know what they are doing and assholes who go to bronze to stomp newbies.  H5 should be seen as a BONUS for those that get it often because of that 2x multiplier.  All that should change with the bounty system is making it so that killing someone of the same faction does not get rid of the bounty. 

Sure it may frustrate some of you older players and we had that vote that said a majority think the system should change, but who mostly makes up the forums?  Veterans for the most part.  That vote isn't necessarily indicative of what the entire APB community thinks because the forum is mostly made up of vets. I also voted that I think it should be changed, but not like this.  The only change I wanted for it was the one I mentioned previously.

This guy gets it.

• Like 2

Removed deleted content.    - Azukii

This is not the final version, but guess everyone missed that post ...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

This is not the final version, but guess everyone missed that post ...

I don't understand why they are rushing with it if the engine update is still far away to even consider working on a solution.

Is it going to be enabled before the engine update? I doubt and even if so, it will have to be tested again later on anyway.