Sign in to follow this  
safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs

cant complete tutorial anymore

On 10/31/2019 at 9:15 PM, Mitne said:

I'm glad I smelled RIOT death in month and put my heart to complete everything in it before it died completly.

It was nearly dead, LO didn't do anything meaningful changes to make more people play, then pulled the plug and decided to monetize those skins by bundling them together, it's like if they said to everyone who managed to grind 2 out of 3 skins: Phuck you and buy the whole pack of skins that include those you have already unlocked for free.

Can someone give me the rundown on RIOT.  What it was, why it's not available?  Just started playing and am curious.

1 hour ago, KolbeMoser said:

Can someone give me the rundown on RIOT.  What it was, why it's not available?  Just started playing and am curious.

It was a different game mode that involved some mechanics similar to battle royale games, also is not the first time in APB that we see a different game mode being implemented but every time the former game management attempted to do this they first brought it as a temporary event aiming to make it permanent if player base response is good enough and if not then they eventually remove it which is what is going on now so far.

LO tried for the first time and without critics to their performance this kind of events or alternative game modes rarely could attract players long enough to make it a permanent mode, since now it is empty and there are no chances to get players to populate these districts they're going to shut it down. I wouldn't blame the management but is more about how players behave these days imo, here and in any other online games. Nowadays it seems It is all about grinding rewards and collecting items but once there's nothing else to earn these end up abandoned by the community. Neither do I try to blame the community if clarifying it is needed here.

In my personal experience I didn't even tried it because all the stuff involving it gave me an immersive-break feeling, from the splash logo, through the new pestilence faction images to the back story and the bunch of boxes, logos and items all around the district that made me feel it was like a player-made mod more than something designed by the actual developers.

I still appreciate a lot that LO took the initiative to try this though, and I look forward to see better implemented additions in the future.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this