Sign in to follow this  
mxshvdv

Maybe it's time to lower marketplace 20% tax?

The marketplace 20% "tariff" is here since Realtime Worlds launched this game. Then you had to pay for the time of the game, and the market was one way to buy playing time. Now, in 20% of the commission there is no point. Also, I would like to return the opportunity to transfer money between characters. Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

Most people refer to it as a 'money sink' "a term used to denote a game mechanic that helps to control the inflation rate and in-game economy. Without various money-sinks, the developers would have no viable means of introducing money into, or removing excess coin from, the game's economy"20% has always felt steep to me and honestly a not very well thought out money sink. Also with the inclusion of tax free trading it can feel even more pointless. I think it should vary on the item; things like themes and symbols that cost no ingame money to make/dupe are fine being 20%, but things like cars which are hard to sell at that much of an increase just to break even is quite a bit harder, stifling 'creativity' that could be shared. 

• Like 2