BrandonBranderson

Revert Vegas Engine Sound

The Vegas sounds like dookie now.  G1 changed it years ago.  All they did was slow down the audio but it made the car sound a lot weaker, to the point where when idling it sounds like it's about to stall.  It used to sound more throaty and powerful.  Maybe this could even be implemented as an exhaust component in a Vegas Audio Kit.

Here's how it sounded in 2011

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

Love for the old sound of the Vegas, and why not for audio kits? Finally could be a thing.

I wish and hope for that to be implemented.

I feel like the old sound is too high pitched. Maybe in addition to speeding it back up, also shifting it down so that we maintain the deep rumble it currently enjoys... and deserves, being a purebred muscle car without any of that compensatory nitro crutching.

23 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I feel like the old sound is too high pitched. Maybe in addition to speeding it back up, also shifting it down so that we maintain the deep rumble it currently enjoys... and deserves, being a purebred muscle car without any of that compensatory nitro crutching.

Well I mean tbh both sounds are bad, the old one is just better than the new one.  Neither really sound like a real muscle car.  Not really sure what you mean by "compensatory nitro crutching"   I looked it up and I just got a bunch of results for walkers with oxygen tanks for old people.  This is why I would like an audio kit instead of just reverting the sound (not the old people walkers, but the bad sound in general) so we could have the exhaust component give us new engine sounds for the car.  Maybe they could get some new sounds recorded that actually sound like a real muscle car.  Leave the default sound as the current shitty "Uh oh, I'm about to stall" sound, and add the old one as a new exhaust, and add a few more as the other exhausts.  The game that really did muscle car engine sounds right was Burnout Paradise, I'd love if other added exhaust sounds could be more like this:

56 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Not really sure what you mean by "compensatory nitro crutching"

Just a dig at nitro use being so universal in gaming. True muscle doesn't need that to get that speed. Pure, unadulterated power is what muscle's all about.

Yes please! If LO wanted, we could have it as an audio kit... $$$

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Just a dig at nitro use being so universal in gaming. True muscle doesn't need that to get that speed. Pure, unadulterated power is what muscle's all about.

Ah alrighty I gotcha, I'm with ya on that.