crusade

Fight Club Team Balance

There has been an issue since Day 1 of Fight Club release. It is not rare to be in a FC match, and have the teams uneven. I played FC today, and the entire time I was in there, Criminals had significantly less players (20v11 to 20v14).

Now, I understand winning means nothing in FC, and the objective is nothing more than a means to attract players to a central location so they can start duking it out. However, when you are on the underdog team, as soon as your red blip shows up on the enemy's radar you are more than likely going to get swarmed from all directions. This is actually preferable to some players (Veteran big owners) that can deal with the extra bodies being thrown at them, but then there's the issue of being on the team with the extra players.

Being on the swarming team is extremely boring. Most engagements take place near the enemy spawns, and it's pretty much a race to last hit an enemy. This team imbalance can often snowball, and the team at a player deficit will keep leaving and kill the Fight Club server.

My suggestion: Make Fight Club teams Red vs Blue instead of Enforcer vs Criminal. In other words, allow Enforcers to be on the same team as Criminal.

The first issue with this would be lore based. Why would Enforcers team up with Criminals? Because it's just Fight Club, they aren't actually fighting over anything. People go into Fight Club to prove they are the best, and an Enforcer would want to see if they are better than their fellow Enforcers.

The second issue would be mechanics based, which would be Less-Than-Lethal weapons and arresting mechanics.

-First suggestion: Don't allow LTL weapons. Simple but kind of meh.

-Second suggestion: Allow LTL and stunning, but just make it so only Enforcers can actually arrest enemy players. I would suggest allowing Enforcers to arrest other Enforcers.

I'll try to answer any questions or discuss anything further if anyone has any concerns.

Edited by crusade
Cat mishap