Sign in to follow this  
Spudinskes

Decrease Height It Takes To Disable Sprinting

I think we can all agree that with happy landings 3 we are all a bunch of apes jumping off buildings and bridges. I think the height it takes to disable sprinting after falling should be decreased. Right now there's like only a few spots in the game that are high enough to disable sprinting and they are all in waterfront. I think the height from jumping off the long bridge in financial to the ground is a good height to disable sprinting.

but then we cannot pretent making superhero landings anymore.

Edited by LilyV3

If you make APB more realistic, then it will slowly turn into something else... One of the things that makes this game unique is it's almost vertical sense of combat in certain situations.

6 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

If you make APB more realistic, then it will slowly turn into something else... One of the things that makes this game unique is it's almost vertical sense of combat in certain situations.

Vertical combat exists in hundreds of 3D shooter games created in the past decade. Combat between across large differing heights is not unique to APB.

This is nothing about realism. This is about making jumping off from high vantage points have some sort of consequence when done with happy landings. The little animation when a character lands is negligible.

Edited by Spudinskes
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Spudinskes said:

Vertical combat exists in hundreds of 3D shooter games created in the past decade. Combat between across large differing heights is not unique to APB.

This is nothing about realism. This is about making jumping off from high vantage points have some sort of consequence when done with happy landings. The little animation when a character lands is negligible.

When I say "vertical combat" I'm not just referring to most areas in the game having multiple vantage points, I'm also talking about how APB has an almost "parkour" like way of getting around. If you know the ins and outs of said area that is...

1 hour ago, TrinityFSB said:

When I say "vertical combat" I'm not just referring to most areas in the game having multiple vantage points, I'm also talking about how APB has an almost "parkour" like way of getting around. If you know the ins and outs of said area that is...

There's counter strike and team fortress that immediately come to mind.

So, you're basically asking for significantly increasing stamina damage taken from 5-10m falls?

LTL enforcers would have a field day.

Edited by Xnetexe