Sign in to follow this  

ViVox Refuses to Work for me... Anyone know a Work-Around?

VoIP needs some work because tracks are mixed.Currently you need to turn your in-game volume to max/very high and then turn APB down in windows in order to have both sound and the ability to hear others decently.If this tracks(main game sound and where players talk)are separate-voip will work just fine.Now is unusable and its pity because this is supose to be mmo/tactical shooter where players can communicate freely and not have to use 100 other programs to do it.If LO dont plan to make changes to voip-better remove it so this extra process not gonna run for everybody

Edited by TheMessiah

2 hours ago, Signarly said:

Yes yes we all use Discord, but sometimes we dont have a full group and communication with randoms isnt ALWAYS a toxic mess.

Playing mostly Siege these days a majority of the people I meme with on voice chat turn out to be pretty cool people. A new voice chat system would be awesome when the engine upgrade comes out. I wonder if @MattScott would be able to weigh in on something like this. I mean I just tried out Secret Neighbors and even that mess of a Beta has voice chat.

MattScott already did post about it.

On 7/30/2019 at 9:24 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We are looking at this issue. The problem is that we are using an extremely old version of Vivox which is no longer supported and requires custom servers. Once we upgrade the console builds of APB, we can move to their newer solution.

For now the network team is troubleshooting to see what the issue is. I’ll post an update once we know more.

Thanks,

Matt

21 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

VoIP needs some work because tracks are mixed.Currently you need to turn your in-game volume to max/very high and then turn APB down in windows in order to have both sound and the ability to hear others decently.If this tracks(main game sound and where players talk)are separate-voip will work just fine.Now is unusable and its pity because this is supose to be mmo/tactical shooter where players can communicate freely and not have to use 100 other programs to do it.If LO dont plan to make changes to voip-better remove it so this extra process not gonna run for everybody

I believe its the same problem MattScott mentioned up there ^^^^^

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Hi all,

We are looking at this issue. The problem is that we are using an extremely old version of Vivox which is no longer supported and requires custom servers. Once we upgrade the console builds of APB, we can move to their newer solution.

For now the network team is troubleshooting to see what the issue is. I’ll post an update once we know more.

Thanks,

Matt

yea i missed that when was posted thx

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

yea i missed that when was posted thx

to be honest I almost missed his post too

All I know is I could hear people talking yesterday again and it feels good for it to not be so quiet.

I wish we already had that upgrade but its another thing to look forward to.

Edited by Fortune Runner

Sign in to follow this