Sign in to follow this  
BrandonBranderson

Return of driving camera sway

First off, lets not worry about what needs to be done first, or what other features/suggestions should be implemented first.  That's all up to LO, not us.

Something I would really like to see come back is the camera sway when driving, but now with an option to toggle it because I remember some people saying it made them a little nauseous.  This feature was removed seemingly by mistake back around 2012-2013 because if I remember correctly, when it was brought up to G1 their answer was "That video is edited" as if they didn't even know it was in the game.

Here's an example of what I mean.  It's a very subtle effect, and may be hard to notice with how often he readjusts his camera.  It can be seen in pretty much any instance where he is driving in a straight line and then turns.  When he turns the camera kinda leans that way as if it has a little bit of weight to it, and when driving straight it kinda gently hovers around behind the car.

This made driving look a bit more dynamic and less boring instead of the camera we have now which basically just pivots around a center point and stays completely motionless unless we move the mouse, or if it's within the threshold that will cause it to re-center behind the vehicle.  It also helped give the player a slightly better sense of speed when driving.  Despite how subtle the effect is I can see how it would make someone feel a little sick, so I would like it to return with a new option to toggle it on or off in the options menu.

• Like 7

Yes please. It also helps provide a better sense of speed. Well at least the illusion of it. 

The bland static camera we have now is just too lifeless. The old camera helped give the game that tiny bit more character. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genobee said:

It also helps provide a better sense of speed. 

Yes this is my main issue with it!  In APB the fastest cars top out at about 53 mph.  That's not really too fast, so it needs some sort of visual effect to at least give the illusion that you're going fast.  Maybe they could make it so it slightly widens the FOV based on your speed too.

• Like 1