MattScott

The State of the Game (Updated 06/15/2018)

I miss the importance of faction and all the old mutation faction skills.  River meets Rushing Boar etc.  We all have our thoughts on what we like about FE.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I've been working on an update for the Fallen Earth community.
The server code is frustrating. We're currently hunting down an issue that is causing all the lag.
I'll look into daily reboots for the time being.

Thanks,

Matt

Let me give you a run down of the last days from a EU player :

Wednesday:
- Logged on to heavy lag in the morning. This lag was game breaking.
- Duplicating crafts (you get the item but the craft don't get removed from the craft que, just relog and deliver the same once more)
- Lost items in mail (Open mail and it times out getting the message from the server and show you a empty mail that can be deleted, the item in it lost forever)
- Not being able to start crafts (had to try 3-10 times due to it timing out).
- Not fixed before the scheduled maintenance that evening, that's all of Wednesday 'lost' for EU.
- Was okay after the restart at 7 Pm until bedtime.

Thursday :

- Was a good day with almost no lag at all.

Friday:

- Logged on to heavy lag in the morning. This lag was game breaking.
- Same issues as Wednesday.
- Got a bit better when someone did 'kick' the server, but still almost unplayable.
- The scheduled maintenance that evening removed all lag again. Still most of friday 'lost'.
-Was okay after the restart at 7 Pm until bedtime.

Saturday :

- The best day for me this week, with zero lag to mention.

Sunday :

- Log on to semi heavy lag.
- Still got a craft or 2 that didn't complete as is should and lost some cheap mats with the mail not showing up, and getting deleted by a mistake.
- Gets bad around midday EU.
- Gets back on that afternoon, its better but still lagging a bit.

Monday :

- Same as it has been since Sunday afternoon.
- All actions has a 2-5 sec delay, with spikes over 10 sec.

As the game has been since Sunday afternoon its playable but lagging, having a premium harvester bonus is a joke as the server adds 2-5 sec on all actions anyway.
Using 10 sec to kill 5-6 human NPCs, and the 30-40 sec looting their body after is not what I call fun gameplay.

Well that's it, only got 1 question, why no restart of the server Sunday to clear some of the lag up? Sure its playable and not game breaking, but still annoying as hell......

Edited by McHondy
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:10 AM, McHondy said:
Well that's it, only got 1 question, why no restart of the server Sunday to clear some of the lag up? Sure its playable and not game breaking, but still annoying as hell......

We have just implemented the daily restarts, and the team is still getting the Sunday schedule worked out.