Sign in to follow this  
Excalibur!

[Game]Handswitching, sprintshot and ping issues...

I know some players do not experience any kind of lag or fps drop and that is not for everyone. Even when i play from distance my ping in apb is the best i have ever experienced in any game hosted in north america (around 147-180, fc and action distrcts... it usually is 180-300 in most games). No fps drops at all even with my oldie pc.

There are some tricks you can perform to dodge bullets -specially used by those who are speeding- is:

-Moving in semicircles while facing your oponent .

-Switching hands to the way you are moving.

-Tap firing the current weapon -it works much better on semi auto weapons-.

This will create a mini warp, and people with high ping will incredibly miss a lot of bullets.

Easy fix:

-Hands switching speed will apply the equip time to prevent hands switching spam. Equip time would stop the fire while hands switching.

-Slightly reduce hip fire movement speed.

-Increase the time needed to lower your weapon after a bullet is fired -like second or second and half-.

This may prevent troubles for people with ping making us miss almost a whole magazine... not everyone is blessed with low ping and local ping and would be more balanced for everyone.

Hipfire movement isn't bad, but the hands switching speed is indeed broken.

Adding a small delay between firing to it would be already good improvement, not the equip speed though as it is too long especially for some weapons (and since you already have it in hand, it shouldn't take so long to just switch hands).

While I don't really see the need to change these things, I'd definitely be happy to try it out on OTW to see how it changes the game up.

2 hours ago, Nessie said:

Hipfire movement isn't bad, but the hands switching speed is indeed broken.

Adding a small delay between firing to it would be already good improvement, not the equip speed though as it is too long especially for some weapons (and since you already have it in hand, it shouldn't take so long to just switch hands).

Probably yes. But then with 3ps3 would be no prob.