Sign in to follow this  
BrandonBranderson

New Dolton Fresno Kit

I know I know, engine upgrade is more important bla bla bla.  This suggestion is for a new kit to be made at some point, not to take priority over the engine upgrade, so please none of this "Engine upgrade is more important" "I'd rather see them finish the engine upgrade" that I see in every suggestion thread.

The Fresno is a little limited when it comes to customization for as good of a car as it is.  I would love to see some more kits for it eventually.  Maybe take some inspiration from some other floaters of the time, preferably ones that look quite a bit different from the Fresno, but keep the same width and length to add variety.  The Fastline kit is nice n' all and I love it, but the one thing I never really liked about it is that it doesn't really transform the Fresno like kits for other cars do.  For example, the Jericho which is based on a Mustang has the Phantom kit that makes it look like a Camaro.  The Vegas has the Rhino kit that makes it look like a 71' Barracuda, or the Firehawk kit that makes it look more like a modern Challenger.  Each of those kits making the vehicle look like a totally different car.  So for the Fresno, maybe something based on an Oldsmobile Toronado, or another car from the era that doesn't look exactly like the Fresno.

Toronado:

YEbkJU7.jpgwlVaa4A.jpgEGgbYmR.jpg

I realize it isn't quite long enough as-is, but if the trunk were extended and the rear axle was moved more toward the rear I think it could fit the Fresno's dimensions.  It's hard to tell from the pictures but there's a small fin on each side of the trunk to give it a less sloped appearance.  The main features I would want from the Toro to be incorporated into a Fresno kit would be the front end, and the roof to give it a more sporty look.  The picture I chose of the front really isn't the best one I could have gotten since the front valence panel/bumper is missing, but it doesn't really look too different with it attached anyway.  Tbh I didn't even know this car existed until about a month ago and I just thought it looked really unique and figured I'd suggest it as a possible kit since the Fresno needs some love.  

If anyone else has suggestions for Fresno kits I'd love to hear them.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

The Toronado looks like a vegas.

I'm thinking of something more like

106wzf5.jpg

12 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Cute Vegas...

...Now love for the T-25 anyone?

Did you read anything or just look at the pictures?  I don't blame you if you didn't read it, that's a lot of text just for a kit suggestion.  The car looks more like a Vegas from the side sure, but it's under the same classification as the Fresno.  It's a big heavy wide luxury car with very soft suspension, also known as a Floater.  It's by no means a performance focused muscle car like the Vegas.  Could we please keep this thread limited to Fresno suggestions?  Sure the T-25 needs kits too, but please start another thread for that.

16 minutes ago, _chain said:

The Toronado looks like a vegas.

I'm thinking of something more like

My reason for suggesting the Toro is that it doesn't look all that much like the Fresno while still being in the same classification, to add variety to what the Fresno can look like other than just the paint job and a supercharger.   I want it to be possible for the Fresno to look a little sporty, which the roof of the Toro would definitely help with.  The Toro does look more like a Vegas from the side, but I suggested changes to the Toro's body shape below the pictures like extending the trunk to match the Fresno's proportions and moving the rear axle back so the wheel base matches up.  It's already wide enough.

Well i think we really need couple new kits for the Fresno, is so sad to see only 1 kit avaiable for it.

Regarding other vehicles i think most of them need atleast 1 new kit (excluded pioneer, vegas etc).

Would be cool to see finally different vehicles around.