Rumple

Why are people still playing APB:R? RPS Article Discussion

5 hours ago, HardStyler3 said:

just please please dont change the gunplay and carplay like every socalled Game "jounalist" says its fine and just because they are too bad to play more than like 5 minutes and instantly blaming dying by nades on cheaters 

its just madness 

I don’t think we have worry about to that. It’s pretty clear the author didn’t really care for the game from the outset and hand no intention of giving it a fair shake. It’s clickbait on a topical subject that’s probably the only reason the article was even written. And anyone who has played the game for better or worse seems to agree this guy has no idea what he’s talking about. I feel like LO is going to take the if it ain’t broke don’t fix it method and just focus on the obvious problems like engine upgrade, platform stability, customer support, population growth, etc.

Still I am happy I saw the article because I am enjoying everyone’s appreciation for APB

Edited by Rumple

APB is the "free-est" game when it comes to expressing yourself with a virtual physique.

As well as artistically and musically.

No game can touch it still.

• Like 1

“They need to prove themselves worthy of acquiring a game such as APB. It’s an unpolished diamond.”

It’s really not. Now that I’ve seen the game for myself though, I think I can see why the servers are still up and running. I’d vaguely assumed APB must have croaked a few years ago, given that I’d never heard a positive word about it aside from when people mentioned its customisation tools. I played for a couple of hours after I was done interviewing, and didn’t touch those myself – I never have more than a passing interest in changing my appearance when I play games, no matter how fancy the tools to do so are.

i somewhat agree bxnnxd, its like the interviewer in a way all ready had his mind set on what he thought about the game before he even started interviewing people in social. which is fine. its just not his type of game. 

i think the diamond part is 100% accurate but its rough and jagged as its chipped away over the years, but thats not to say that overall that represents everything in game. varying gunplay mid mission is fun as it forces people to adapt to certain encounters. flinching would just make it an overall worsened experience than the game is all ready in. hes to focused on semi realistic games like squad or BF or COD etc etc.

"It’s no diamond: the driving and shooting still feels too shonky at its core for a game that’s almost solely about driving and shooting. It’s more like a uniquely shaped chunk of Topaz, which I found fun to take a brief look at. I’ll never fully understand why someone might want to gaze at it for years, when there are so many actual gems on the market."

oh really and would you sir *Matt Cox* care to explain those "Gems" because last i checked there isn't very many if not none at all that offer APB's fast TPS competitive nature along with a in depth customisation suite.

APB is exactly like archeage or world of tanks back in the day. unique in certain aspects that not many games offered in the same type of way

not many MMO's back in the day offered a great in depth class customisation system nor open world housing system like archage does.

and world tanks was dominating back in the day because there was barely any competitive tank games on the market before gaijin entertainment or obsidian started up their own team based tank games.

11 hours ago, BartMcRoy said:

APB is the "free-est" game when it comes to expressing yourself with a virtual physique.

As well as artistically and musically.

No game can touch it still.

In the age of AAA games monetizing on poorly done recolored cosmetics, APB is legend. I hope that freedom maintains being the "free-est".

8 hours ago, DiBBz said:

age or world of tanks back in the day. unique in certain aspects that not many games offered in the same type of way

not many MMO's back in the day offered a great in depth class customisation system nor open world housing system like archage does.

Poor Archeage. I've loved APB so and it has had a better fate than NA Archeage. Even fresh-start isn't going to save that game, they really burned it to the ground. Thank god APB has not had that same fate.

8 hours ago, Rumple said:

In the age of AAA games monetizing on poorly done recolored cosmetics, APB is legend. I hope that freedom maintains being the "free-est".

Poor Archeage. I've loved APB so and it has had a better fate than NA Archeage. Even fresh-start isn't going to save that game, they really burned it to the ground. Thank god APB has not had that same fate.

AA has been in a terrible state for years. the downfall for that game is directly related to the content you partake in. but if there is OP guilds that dominate with having the most geared players in the top #100 gear level leaderboard on the server. they face-roll events that is necessary to progressing faster. so you have either top geared players that are split between guilds or have a top geared zerg guild (which is in most cases the exact issue) that do nothing but own every single event!

the motto of that game is the rich stay rich while the poor get poorer. if you have a monopoly of land in that game you pretty much are set to make fuck tons of gold. yet there still isn't a game that offers what AA has. Black desert has the combat portion figured out but doesn't have housing like it does in AA. and thus we come to APB. there isnt a game that offers what APB has all in the same package

Edited by DiBBz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DiBBz said:

AA has been in a terrible state for years. the downfall for that game is directly related to the content you partake in. but if there is OP guilds that dominate with having the most geared players in the top #100 pon the server. they faceroll events that is necessary to progressing faster. so you have either top geared players that are split between guilds or have a top geared zerg guild that do nothing but own every single event!

the motto of that game is the rich stay rich while the poor get poorer. if you have a monopoly of land in that game you pretty much are set to make fuck tons of gold. yet there still isn't a game that offers what AA has. Black desert has the combat portion figured out but doesn't have housing like it does in AA. and thus we come to APB. there isnt a game that offers what APB has all in the same package

thats liek most pvp events and pvp battlegroudns look in many MMO's because they are just badly designed.