Farokk

[GAME] Why people call it pay2win

"I personally dont feel that APB is Pay2win. The weapons dont make that big of a difference on whether you win or lose. Not every weapon can be used in every situation. A very skilled player will nearly always win regardless of whether an unskilled player has bought the best weapons they can get"

You maybe dont understand, that the problem with this game, starts at the begining. You have nothing and veteran players beat you quick as hell. Players need something that makes the gameplay feel more fun, not just geting beaten all the time. The key is weapons. Some single quests that give you money, XP or weapons for a day or somethin. Separate servers with lvl limits (now there are gold 255 players on bronze servers and they destroy low lvl players). You can get good weapons on low levels, but only if u buy them in the store. And THATS why people call it pay2win. You need to fix that.

Edited by Farokk

The only p2w aspect is that freebies can't access guns that offer a different gamestyle without grinding for hundreds of hours or $$$

You can do well enough with default (would still be good if we could refund the perma gun we get from the tutorial)

Actuality you can buy "good" weapons for free at any NPC.
Honestly, after reading this, I've realized that you might not know how the contact system works.. and that is a problem. 😕

But yeah, high rating players on bronze is an issue.

I'm talking about permanent guns, and afaik, freebies can't buy grenade launchers like Osmaw (without spending too many JT's and money), or semi-automatic pistols (might be wrong on this one)

Edited by DanRO13

1 hour ago, DanRO13 said:

I'm talking about permanent guns, and afaik, freebies can't buy grenade launchers like Osmaw (without spending too many JT's and money), or semi-automatic pistols (might be wrong on this one)

You are.
And extremely wrong. Free players CAN buy grenade launchers lol, it is unlocked at the few last contacts, but yeah JTs too. ...And you literally get a semi-automatic weapon, the very moment you start the game lol.

But i guess that is the problem, there is nothing that really explains this right? 
Did you know, that some weapons are unlocked only once you rank up a specific weapon role? Long story short, using SMGs unlocks slotted versions of said weapons, regardless of progression. 

The starting rifle is one of the best guns in the game, and tied for easiest gun, and I will stand by this fact until the day I die (or it becomes untrue.)

1 hour ago, DanRO13 said:

You literally can't even buy the OSMAW (or the O-PGL) with real money, lol. Also, you start with the best semi-auto pistol in the game.

Anyone who uses the argument that vet players have all the advantages is just using that as an excuse. Some high level mods are nice, but none give you an innate advantage.

Same with slotted weapons. HS3 isn't infinitely better then no HS. Same with reflex. It helps, but a better player will most always come out on top.

As for the Osmaw/opgl, please. They're so rarely used in most missions unless the person is just messing around or ranking up their demolitions skill. 

Players have access to the Alig very, very early which will eat through cars if you want something like that.

Star is actually one of the best weapons if you know how to use it.

And let's not forget that the FBW (amazing pistol) is now the default secondary. If you want to complain about that, go equip the snub nose and see what new players used to deal with.

I feel like OP has little to no experience in APB and is a prime example of someone saying its p2w when they dont understand the game.

• Like 1