Sign in to follow this  
(PS4)grunge76

Texture fix PS4?

It sure would be nice if Little Orbit fixed the texture problem on PS4 already...  it's been a problem since after the 2017 Halloween event.  There is window fog on the doors that can be kicked open, from the 2017 Christmas event.  I'm tired of nobody doing anything about the texture problem.  The textures seem to load properly only 30% of the time.  I heard that there's supposed to be an update in July 2018 but it's now August 19th..... great.....  I heard PS4 APB Reloaded servers are supposed to get Unreal Engine 4, then I read on the forums that it has been changed to Unreal Engine 3.5, what gives?  This is a game that allows car customization with paint jobs, yet due to the texture problem, I can enjoy my awesome custom paint jobs, only 30% of the time.  GamersFirst has been total garbage and Little Orbit has yet to prove to the PS4 fan base, that they really do care.  Also, why doesn't the supposed "Premium" account actually work?  One example:  I'm supposed to be getting 125% bonus to all APB (in-game currency) gains.  Therefore if I get $100,000.00 after going to the money laundry, a 125% bonus would give me another $125,000.00 on top of the $100,000.00, yet I only get the original $100,000.00 with no bonus whatsoever..... hmmmmmm..... micro-transaction scam maybe?  Anyone have any answers to any of the above?  Thanks.....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

What a community..... no responses.....

its not like theres much to say, its a pretty straightforward suggestion

On 8/23/2018 at 2:32 AM, BXNNXD said:
On 8/23/2018 at 1:54 AM, (PS4)grunge76 said:

What a community..... no responses.....

its not like theres much to say, its a pretty straightforward suggestion
I'm not just making a suggestion.  I have actual questions in this post that I would love actual answers for, unless you just missed them.  I even ask if anyone has any answers at the end of this post.... smh
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 10:02 AM, (PS4)grunge76 said:

I heard PS4 APB Reloaded servers are supposed to get Unreal Engine 4, then I read on the forums that it has been changed to Unreal Engine 3.5, what gives?

Did you hear that from a reliable source, or just one of your friends or someone in-game?  The console version already runs on a weird frankenstein version of UE 3.5.  The PC version is being updated to 3.5.  If you've ever heard of the mythical engine upgrade, PC was supposed to get it in the first quarter of 2014, but instead they made the console versions and here we are 4 years later still with a decade old, very limiting and poorly optimized early version of Unreal 3.  3.5 has been the plan since the beginning.  Unreal 4 is planned for the FAR future.  Upgrading from UE3 to UE4 isn't really possible because of how different the code is, so it requires completely rebuilding the game from the ground up, and they have a separate team in Australia working on that.

Right now their main priority is getting PC and console unified in the same engine version, as the console is ahead of PC.

Also on the Premium question, that's a 1.25x multiplier, not a 125% increase.  Meaning if you drop $100,000 in the money laundry you should get $25,000 extra. Edited by BrandonBranderson

On 9/10/2018 at 12:35 PM, BrandonBranderson said:
Did you hear that from a reliable source, or just one of your friends or someone in-game?  The console version already runs on a weird frankenstein version of UE 3.5.  The PC version is being updated to 3.5.  If you've ever heard of the mythical engine upgrade, PC was supposed to get it in the first quarter of 2014, but instead they made the console versions and here we are 4 years later still with a decade old, very limiting and poorly optimized early version of Unreal 3.  3.5 has been the plan since the beginning.  Unreal 4 is planned for the FAR future.  Upgrading from UE3 to UE4 isn't really possible because of how different the code is, so it requires completely rebuilding the game from the ground up, and they have a separate team in Australia working on that.

Right now their main priority is getting PC and console unified in the same engine version, as the console is ahead of PC.

Also on the Premium question, that's a 1.25x multiplier, not a 125% increase.  Meaning if you drop $100,000 in the money laundry you should get $25,000 extra.
No I read it straight from Little Orbit that they were going with 4.0 but then later read 3.5 so they changed it.  Also, I didn't get anything extra while on premium.  I got the normal amount... but anyway it does not state 1.25× multiplier on PS4.  It states 125% bonus of all apb in game cash gains.  If I could post a screenshot of it, I would but it definitely states 125%, not 1.25x multiplier.

9 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

No I read it straight from Little Orbit that they were going with 4.0 but then later read 3.5 so they changed it.

the plan was always to complete the ue3.5 upgrade that g1 started and eventually rewrite the entire game for ue4, but the only reason we're getting ue4 is because epic games is dropping support for ue3

3.5 is the short term goal, 4 is the long term goal we likely wont see for years

On 9/14/2018 at 4:12 PM, (PS4)grunge76 said:
No I read it straight from Little Orbit that they were going with 4.0 but then later read 3.5 so they changed it.  Also, I didn't get anything extra while on premium.  I got the normal amount... but anyway it does not state 1.25× multiplier on PS4.  It states 125% bonus of all apb in game cash gains.  If I could post a screenshot of it, I would but it definitely states 125%, not 1.25x multiplier.
Alright well like BXNNXD said, the plan was always to upgrade to 3.5 first.  Until Little Orbit took over UE4 wasn't even considered because G1 didn't want to rewrite the entire game from scratch.  Now LO has a separate team of devs in Australia working on rewriting the game for UE4, but that's for the distant future.  Right now they're getting UE3.5 done so both consoles and PC will be running on the same version.  So nope, the plans never changed.  Maybe you just read things out of order?

I would assume that's just a typo if it says 125%.  Or maybe it's referring to the amount of cash earned from missions, because I know that's pretty much doubled if you have premium.  It's been years since I was non-premium though, so I don't really know. Edited by BrandonBranderson