Fauzahn

(Game) Remove limit on what players can own

I find it kinda odd to put a limit on what players can own. To have them have to buy more space from Armas Market is just kinda p2w'ish? I feel like players should be able to own anything that they can buy/own, you know? Like have things for every situation or just have every clothing item to mess with, have different cars for different moods, things like that. It would be cool to see the cap removed and players free to have whatever they can get their hands on.

Sorry my mind isn't really coming up with the best wording/examples, it should be legible though :D

I don't think you can buy inventory expansions though?  Even if you can I fail to see how that's P2W.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love more space, but that limit is there for a reason, and it isn't just to deliberately limit us from having stuff we want.

If they could increase the limit then that would be great.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

Yeah, nvm I thought you could buy more slots from the Armas Market, guess not. I kinda put a question mark there intending to kinda put a maybeish, ya know? I just don't see a reason for a limit other than possibly space on storage.

But I mean, a limit would be fine yeah, but increasing it to a higher number would be great.

I just feel like not having a limit would be even better.

Storage should not be an issue even if, a good 1 TB drive is around 44 US dollards currently. And even higher storage amounts are that much, I would feel like a game this big would already have good storage either way.

Would also be kinda nice to hear your justification for a limit too.

Edited by Fauzahn

6 minutes ago, Fauzahn said:

space on storage.

But not only on our end for our convenience of not having a massive inventory to scroll through, but every single item we own and its customization data is stored on their servers, and needs to be loaded when we open our inventory.  Basically to avoid too much server strain, and the game client itself.  Back when G1 was in charge and they were handing out inventory expansions, they said that the game has a hard limit on how many of each category of item the game can handle.  So Weapons, Mods, Symbols, Vehicles, and Clothing all have separate limits that can not be changed.  Some of us have hit that limit with they inventory expansions.  If we were to use an expansion on that item type again, it wouldn't do anything because of that hard limit built into the game.

But it was G1, so who knows, maybe they were lying and just didn't want to pay for more server space.

I doubt it strains the server too much to send lines of player data to a player, the only thing that it would strain is us when loading the UI for all of the items and the network, but again I shouldnt as that should be too big even with alot of items, and Im sure they compress things too.

Sure it wouldn't strain it much to just load your inventory, but it's trying to do that for 99 other people in that district as well, 249 others if your in a full Social District.  I'm in favor of increasing that limit, but having an unlimited inventory is a bit unreasonable.

Unreal engine 1 is the cause for limits on things. It just can not handle the more important things

It's why I am completely happy with how Little Orbit is working so hard on upgrading
That's when the real fun content begins