Sign in to follow this  
NysekZePope

Combat/Stat suggestions

Stats

• Perception given 2 for every point invested, reflex save removed, and given .1 stamina regeneration per point.
  • Charisma raised to 3 points of gamma for every point invested (from 2)
  • Willpower can no longer effect mutations besides Alpha Mutation.
    • Can no longer spend AP into this stat

Combat related
  • Bonus range (5) to all weapons and effects (5m) has been removed. See this thread under melee
  • Saves removed completely as a mechanic as well as from stat investment.
    • They simply do not have the same resists checks, which makes some abilities easier to resist than others. They either need to be addressed across the board or removed.
      • "These never worked properly and would take too much time to fix them" - Skathi
  • Regeneration cycle now increased to 10 seconds, from 6 seconds.
  • Regeneration reduction while moving has been removed.
    • Can now see regeneration totals gear menu (Know it's possible but players should have this information open to them)
  • While "Resting" you will recieve 50% extra incoming damage, rather than 25%.
  • 10% (+/-) roll on damage removed to provide more consistency in damage output.
  • Damage dealt to arms are increased to 100% from 80%, legs still reduce damage by 20% (80%)

To kinda explain these..

Nerfs regen which currently is high but also kinda removes the idea that standing still during ticks (harder for anyone who lags) has a huge advantage.

Makes all damage sources more consistconsistet as well as application of effects.

The change to perception is to boost it's overall viability as a stat choice. But due to the stamina increase charisma also got boosted so all stats have a total of 7 between each resource type.

Willpower of course is to remove a pointless stat in the current state of the game which has been for almost a decade.

My weapon thread covers the range nerf suggestion which will keep pistols from getting out of line compared to melee after it loses it's intense range.

Edited by NysekZePope

5 years isn't almost a decade. 1.9 was what reduced the worth of willpower due to the removal of alpha mutations and a change to how their buff system worked. If anything it should be changed to a 50/50 setup for mutations and it should be given the passive of gamma regen.

Health should sit at 7 due to where damage sits, but the other stats should sit at 5.
Cha should be 3 with no regen and intelligence should be 2 with no regen. This is due to the important skills/muts intelligence sits at versus charisma(every build invests into intelligence for first aid and it is a stat for passive offense where as charisma is seen as a more proper support stat due to empathy and 2 aura lines under it's control).
Willpower would then receive 0.3 gamma regen.
Dex and coordination should stay the same for stat cap changes and lose all regen.
Perception should receive 0.3 stam regen.

Health is a strange one due to it being a main stat for a weapon and a general all purpose stat. It should stay the same for max and maybe move health regen to strength(and increase it to 0.3) due to the correction of range of melee.

Willpower should be moved to 50/50 due to the heavy influence main stats have over mutations in general while also controlling skills. Although this would make it a good investment over a particular stat for a build using multiple mutation lines it would still be weaker than investing into a particular stat for lower ranks and still be a high investment for high/midhigh ranks.

I don't think stat maxes for stam/gamma should be increased due to regen seemingly being reduced. Yes it does reduce overall regen but the removal of movement affecting it makes it so regen has effectively been increased and standardized.

Saves should be a system to make lower rank skills not as desirable. So skill have some effectiveness at lower ranges but also aren't easy low ap investments at higher levels. Make it so every 10 levels is a tier. Rules would be something like:
If a skill is 3 tiers+ above or below a character it is always resisted
If it is 2 tiers within their range it has a 50% chance of resisting.
If it is 1 tier it has a 25% chance of resisting.
If it is the same tier it always hits.
This would be for offensive skills exclusively.

This would incentivize the highest skill tiers and put a down side to low ap investment and potentially deter as much skimming. Also a weaker system for lowbie greifing.

You would want to standardize melee damage as well, because unless they adjusted it melee has reduced penalties to limb shots, but also reduced benefits from headshots I believe.

5 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

5 years isn't almost a decade. 1.9 was what reduced the worth of willpower due to the removal of alpha mutations and a change to how their buff system worked. If anything it should be changed to a 50/50 setup for mutations and it should be given the passive of gamma regen.

Health should sit at 7 due to where damage sits, but the other stats should sit at 5.
Cha should be 3 with no regen and intelligence should be 2 with no regen. This is due to the important skills/muts intelligence sits at versus charisma(every build invests into intelligence for first aid and it is a stat for passive offense where as charisma is seen as a more proper support stat due to empathy and 2 aura lines under it's control).
Willpower would then receive 0.3 gamma regen.
Dex and coordination should stay the same for stat cap changes and lose all regen.
Perception should receive 0.3 stam regen.

Health is a strange one due to it being a main stat for a weapon and a general all purpose stat. It should stay the same for max and maybe move health regen to strength(and increase it to 0.3) due to the correction of range of melee.

Willpower should be moved to 50/50 due to the heavy influence main stats have over mutations in general while also controlling skills. Although this would make it a good investment over a particular stat for a build using multiple mutation lines it would still be weaker than investing into a particular stat for lower ranks and still be a high investment for high/midhigh ranks.

I don't think stat maxes for stam/gamma should be increased due to regen seemingly being reduced. Yes it does reduce overall regen but the removal of movement affecting it makes it so regen has effectively been increased and standardized.

Saves should be a system to make lower rank skills not as desirable. So skill have some effectiveness at lower ranges but also aren't easy low ap investments at higher levels. Make it so every 10 levels is a tier. Rules would be something like:
If a skill is 3 tiers+ above or below a character it is always resisted
If it is 2 tiers within their range it has a 50% chance of resisting.
If it is 1 tier it has a 25% chance of resisting.
If it is the same tier it always hits.
This would be for offensive skills exclusively.

This would incentivize the highest skill tiers and put a down side to low ap investment and potentially deter as much skimming. Also a weaker system for lowbie greifing.

You would want to standardize melee damage as well, because unless they adjusted it melee has reduced penalties to limb shots, but also reduced benefits from headshots I believe.

I was rounding up for dramatic effect haha, but indeed.

But .3 regen "could" but nice, but if we consider it at 50/50 rather than 75/25 we lead to a stat which is still subpar and requires more investment. This would mean to reach the 156 tiers of mutations you'd need 82 into it's main stat and willpower. That's pretty expensive all things considered.

So passively regeneration would increase by 19.5 which is pretty insane actually. Even at .2 regen it would be 13 (not as insane but still basically half a consume), which would only benefit non-mutation and non-crafters more than anything else. It's a nice idea tho, but at least with stamina under perception and gamma under charisma it would simply be a minor resource boost. I'd even go as far is say drop dexterity to 2 stamina so it's 2/2/2 to lessen the increase.

I don't disagree on the fact regen working 100% (for gamma and stamina) while moving could be "OP" in a sense. Currently you'd need two ticks while moving to get your full regeneration, however in it's current state you can actually gain a second "full" tick if you time that tick properly. Basically it would nerf over-sustain from being allowed to be stationary while also removing a odd mechanic which only hits 2/3rd's of regeneration types.

I don't disagree with the save suggestion, but does that mean saves stay in or simply that weaker effects would be immune/50%/25%/0% resisted based on tier? Since in most cases the two most common save resistance types is reflex/mind (body somewhat when using VFC)

As for melee, I'd have to test to confirm it again, however to my knowledge all weapons deal 80% of their damage to arms/legs, 100% to torso, and 130% to headshots.

23 hours ago, NysekZePope said:

I was rounding up for dramatic effect haha, but indeed.

But .3 regen "could" but nice, but if we consider it at 50/50 rather than 75/25 we lead to a stat which is still subpar and requires more investment. This would mean to reach the 156 tiers of mutations you'd need 82 into it's main stat and willpower. That's pretty expensive all things considered.

So passively regeneration would increase by 19.5 which is pretty insane actually. Even at .2 regen it would be 13 (not as insane but still basically half a consume), which would only benefit non-mutation and non-crafters more than anything else. It's a nice idea tho, but at least with stamina under perception and gamma under charisma it would simply be a minor resource boost. I'd even go as far is say drop dexterity to 2 stamina so it's 2/2/2 to lessen the increase.

I don't disagree on the fact regen working 100% (for gamma and stamina) while moving could be "OP" in a sense. Currently you'd need two ticks while moving to get your full regeneration, however in it's current state you can actually gain a second "full" tick if you time that tick properly. Basically it would nerf over-sustain from being allowed to be stationary while also removing a odd mechanic which only hits 2/3rd's of regeneration types.

I don't disagree with the save suggestion, but does that mean saves stay in or simply that weaker effects would be immune/50%/25%/0% resisted based on tier? Since in most cases the two most common save resistance types is reflex/mind (body somewhat when using VFC)

As for melee, I'd have to test to confirm it again, however to my knowledge all weapons deal 80% of their damage to arms/legs, 100% to torso, and 130% to headshots.
0.2 is fine then as I was more adding the 0.1 due to it being on it's own and essentially being on weak stats. I'm suggesting splitting up max/regen so as stats can be considered a bit more for passives than purely for skills(outside of end/str currently due to their large hp bonuses) and differentiating what they they benefit innately a bit more. Thinking about this further if you are intent on raising max for stam/gamma then I'd suggest a 4/2 split for max. Then again this is due to my dislike of the 'some of everything' approach that is far too common post 1.9 in terms of how items and what not are(obviously builds before this suffered this far more). This is also in the mindset of how weapons compare against each other and how strong particular lines are versus others(gamma for example was first aid vs empathy and both are almost always invested in but to different lengths...first aid will garner intelligence investment in nearly every build where as empathy typically is only invested into where stat investment isn't needed or minimally).

The 50/50 change isn't that great of an idea on second thought. I don't think outright removing willpower would really address much so rather than remove it make it a stat dedicated to endgame mutations. So have them scale to 180 regularly but for all rank 9 skills they would instead all be situated at 195(75 main stat/25 willpower). At 195 every skill would receive a secondary effect of some kind or the line just gets 1 strong skill for the mutation based around it's theme.

Well stopping for an extra tick isn't even remotely a common tactic outside of pve(where most people stand still) but if it's something requiring mobility it isn't widely used as based upon how you are with the server you have to give extra berth and maintain the count in your head.

For saves it would just be a general mechanic without differentiating between reflex/body/mind. So it would be basically be 'chance to save' and it'd just be a check versus the persons level(therefor their tier).

Yeah just something I remember reading in later 1.x patch notes but was not noted to be changed to my knowledge.

10 hours ago, MICFILLER said:
0.2 is fine then as I was more adding the 0.1 due to it being on it's own and essentially being on weak stats. I'm suggesting splitting up max/regen so as stats can be considered a bit more for passives than purely for skills(outside of end/str currently due to their large hp bonuses) and differentiating what they they benefit innately a bit more. Thinking about this further if you are intent on raising max for stam/gamma then I'd suggest a 4/2 split for max. Then again this is due to my dislike of the 'some of everything' approach that is far too common post 1.9 in terms of how items and what not are(obviously builds before this suffered this far more). This is also in the mindset of how weapons compare against each other and how strong particular lines are versus others(gamma for example was first aid vs empathy and both are almost always invested in but to different lengths...first aid will garner intelligence investment in nearly every build where as empathy typically is only invested into where stat investment isn't needed or minimally).

The 50/50 change isn't that great of an idea on second thought. I don't think outright removing willpower would really address much so rather than remove it make it a stat dedicated to endgame mutations. So have them scale to 180 regularly but for all rank 9 skills they would instead all be situated at 195(75 main stat/25 willpower). At 195 every skill would receive a secondary effect of some kind or the line just gets 1 strong skill for the mutation based around it's theme.

Well stopping for an extra tick isn't even remotely a common tactic outside of pve(where most people stand still) but if it's something requiring mobility it isn't widely used as based upon how you are with the server you have to give extra berth and maintain the count in your head.

For saves it would just be a general mechanic without differentiating between reflex/body/mind. So it would be basically be 'chance to save' and it'd just be a check versus the persons level(therefor their tier).

Yeah just something I remember reading in later 1.x patch notes but was not noted to be changed to my knowledge.

Well ya if you considered regen I'd probably say something like dropping 1 stamina from dex but pulling regen from both Coord/Dex.

Still unsure what to do with willpower, it's just in a bad place. Maybe if it didn't cost 5 AP per I could understand it, but 155 AP to unlock a "capstone" of sorts seems a bit steep before investing into that mutation itself.

I do it personally, but it definitely isn't 100% of the time. Regeneration has been an issue with the addition of AP weapons, was more of a semi-counter to current regeneration rates. Another option would simply be raising it to 10 seconds rather than 6 with no change besides maybe Health Regeneration also being effected by 50% while moving like Gamma/Stamina.

Probably something that's possible... or at least the level tier option at the very least. Saves are in a pretty ugly spot since they aren't consistent across the board.

And if that was the case that would give melee a disgusting advantage, well besides the 7m range.