Sign in to follow this  
Pedroxin

Need help with config

So I've been playing for a long time and have been having this issue, I have a pretty beefy setup so I tend to play every game on maxed out graphics, APB included, however the issue I'm having is with ghost shots and hitreg, I get these problems quite frequently tbh. I ran some tests with a friend to check it out, even when someone is standing still at a reasonable range, 9/10 times I cant drop them in the weapons ttk and I get some shots that dont even register, it gets worse when someone is moving and trying to dodge, so I did a bit of research and came to find out that input lag might have to do something with it. I was wondering if there are things I can do on my end to get rid of this problem.  

lol its LO shitty servers to blame but if u want to reduce input lag u can uncap the framerate

There might be an issue on your end, but this game has had hitreg problems for years. The main thing to check is if your ammo goes down after you shoot. If it doesn't go down, this is called a "Ghost shot". Usually it happens when you click too perfectly with the weapon's rate of fire. The server thinks you shot too soon and doesn't count the shot. If it's happening when shooting slower, then it might be upload packet loss. There's no way to check for this in-game. Packet loss will show 0.0, even when 99% of your uploaded packets are being dropped.

Due to the weird hit detection, sometimes you can compensate by aiming ahead or behind the player. I've gotten plenty of kills by intentionally shooting into the edge of a wall a player was about to run behind, rather than aiming at the player. Same with those yellow dumper bin things. Sometimes you can shoot through the top corners. You'll see bullets hitting the dumper, but you'll get hitmarkers on the player.

Also, it might be a new issue with their service provider. I was playing last week and noticed hit registration was acting weird. For a few minutes, none of my shots would could, but the oppositions shots all counted. Then in the next mission stage, all of my shots count, and I rarely took damage from the opposition. Never experienced this before. It's usually the same, good or bad, until the server restarts or I switch to a different district.