Sign in to follow this  
BlatMan

Stuttering when bullets hit cars, with AMD Smart Access Memory Enabled

I am experiencing game freezes or stuttering when bullets hit vehicles, only vehicles, with AMD Smart Access Memory enabled. I cannot find another object that causes stuttering when it gets hit by a bullet.

Disabling Smart Access Memory seems to fix the stuttering issue, but there is still a significant framerate decrease. For example, standing next to a dump truck and hip firing an Agrotech ACES at it causes about a 20% loss in fps, but aiming down sight, while shooting the same dump truck, causes up to an 80% loss in fps. This performance loss is about the same on 2560x1440 and 1024x768 resolution, and the same between max and minimum graphics settings.

Steps to reproduce:

- Install an AMD RX 6600 and the latest AMD GPU drivers. Current version 24.6.1

- Enable Smart Access Memory in the Adrenalin application.

- Restart PC.

- Launch APB Reloaded.

- Join a district.

- Equip a high rate of fire weapon, like an Agrotech ACES.

- Stand next a vehicle and hip fire at it with your high rate of fire weapon. Notice the game stutters.

System Specs:
CPU: AMD 5700X3D

RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 14-14-14
GPU: AMD RX 6600

Suggested Fix: If possible, add a graphics option to remove or reduce the bullet impact particle effects. There's two options called "m_bShowServerHits" and "m_bDebugHitMarkers". Enabling these in the past disabled the bullet particle impacts, and replaced them with red dots. I would look at these features to figure out how to turn off the bullet impacts without affecting other particles.

• Like 1

I have same problem with rx5700xt. Before 64bit update i didnt have these freezes.