MurkTheMerc

HVR/Scout mechanics remanaged

I've thought of a system in particular unless the team has already tried it. HVR and the Scout variants have a damage ramp to deter CQC situations and focusing the gun on longer ranges.

The HVR's ramp is at 60m, from 60m on, the damage is 850. Any shorter of distance, the damage drops but the weapon can still achieve a 2 shot kill only at 35-36m, 496-510 damage. 10m would be 142, 20m would be 283 and 30m would be 425.

As for the Scout, it's damage would stay at 550 but it's ramp should begin where the HVR meets its 2 hit kill mark of 35-36m, so past 35m the weapon will do full damage past that. The damage reduction would follow as explained earlier, simply taking the base damage and dividing it for each meter followed under 35m to deter CQC actions.

This is my post I gave in the weapon balance announcement, I thought I'd give it a thread of it's own.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2018 at 3:08 AM, professionalgamer said:

this will make the game even more unrealistic and inconsiderate to new players

What does realism have to do with APB? We have car surfing, no headshots and flak can tank a osmaw rocket.

The point of the feature being is to pull HVR out of the CQC zone.

1 hour ago, MurkTheMerc said:
What does realism have to do with APB? We have car surfing, no headshots and flak can tank a osmaw rocket.

okay then just make it so if a player is tagged by a pistol then the hvr does zero damage

20 hours ago, professionalgamer said:
21 hours ago, MurkTheMerc said:

okay then just make it so if a player is tagged by a pistol then the hvr does zero damage
What