Qrooks

How to disable weapon switching?

When I have my primary weapon in hand and press "1", the change to secondary weapon takes place. And the same thing happens when I press "2". In fact, these buttons for changing weapons are useless, because they are not responsible for selecting a particular weapon. How to disable this function that the button "1" would be tied to the main weapon, and "2" - to an additional weapon?

I have moved this topic to the Social District (General Dicussion) section of our forums.

- Azukii

14 hours ago, Qrooks said:

How to disable this function that the button

Unfortunately there is no way to specifically select primary or secondary, only to key bind for 

'next weapon or previous weapon' which i use my mouse side button for, some peps use the scroll wheel.

so regardless of what button u bind, it will only be 'previous or next weapon' in fact you can repeately

press the same button and it will switch back n forth. 

Unlike other games War Thunder for instance.

However you decide to proceed, but i must warn you that using a side button 

or a very sensitive scroll wheel can complicate things, simply by fat fingering your side button

or just nicking the scroll wheel can change guns at very bad time

On 10/28/2023 at 11:26 AM, ThePurpleBandit said:

Why is this even an issue? There are only two possible guns to switch to.

It's annoying when you get a lag spike and don't know if your key press registered. Sometimes the server itself gets confused and switches back to the previous weapon.

19 hours ago, BlatMan said:

It's annoying when you get a lag spike and don't know if your key press registered. Sometimes the server itself gets confused and switches back to the previous weapon.

If you're lagging so bad that you don't know which gun you currently have out, I think you have bigger problems than which buttons to press.

7 hours ago, ThePurpleBandit said:

If you're lagging so bad that you don't know which gun you currently have out, I think you have bigger problems than which buttons to press.

And this is why you keep dropping to silver.

6 hours ago, BlatMan said:

And this is why you keep dropping to silver.

Eh, he's probably thumping back and forth between gold and platinum because the threat system sucks. It used to keep you gold if you played well. Now, you can win a mission, get over 20 kills to 3 deaths in that same mission and still manage to get adjusted. The game is fundamentally broken. 

On 10/31/2023 at 4:07 PM, ThePurpleBandit said:

The game is fundamentally broken. 

I know this is offtopic. 

But I have your profile picture hanging on my wall. >_> Ordered it from Displate. 😂

I just find it funny that I return to the game and see you.

Ontopic:
Yeah, I'd honestly like it if we could keybind primary to 1 and secondary to 2. It's standard practice for years.

42 minutes ago, Slothic said:

I know this is offtopic. 

But I have your profile picture hanging on my wall. >_> Ordered it from Displate. 😂

I just find it funny that I return to the game and see you.

For the life of me, I can't remember playing with or against you. But nevertheless, I'm flattered!

Despite this game's many flaws it holds something near and dear to me that will always bring me back; it is like a hard drug. By finding others that enjoy the same drug my time feels well spent.

Thanks for putting me on your wall!