Sign in to follow this  
TheMessiah

music player settings

The playback setting "broadcast your music to other players" must be disabled by default(or removed)When u install the game this option is checked and thats how other players can get distracted from the music coming from other players car.Also content creators can be screwed because most of the player music is copyrighted

Your suggestion doesn't make sense, since players will be able to turn it on, defeating the purpose. If you don't want to hear other player's music, then there should be an option to disable it on your end. I would add a setting called "Play music broadcasted by other players".

You cannot hear other player's music. You can only hear the default music library, and music you imported. If you imported copyrighted music, reset your music library to remove all imported music.

If you need music muted, you can create a blank music library by editing the file:

"...\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Audio\DefaultMusicLibrary\defaultmusiclibrary.xml"

Remove everything between <Library></Library> so it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MusicPlayer Version="1">
  <Library>

</Library>
  <Config>
    <CurrentPlaybackInformation CurrentPlayingPlaylistID="-1" CurrentPlayingPlaylistTrackIndex="-1" CurrentPlayingTrackID="-1" PlaybackPosition="0" StorePlaybackSettings="true" Volume="1.000000" Random="true" Loop="Playlist" PlaybackOnFoot="false" BroadcastFromVehicle="true" EnvironmentFilter="true" AutoResume="true" />
    <GeneralSettings ShowEULA="true" PermaDeleteOnRemove="false" DisplayPlayerHud="true" />
  </Config>
</MusicPlayer>

After editing, launch APB using the APB.exe, then reset your music library in the media player. This should clear all the default songs.

12 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Your suggestion doesn't make sense, since players will be able to turn it on, defeating the purpose.

Most music is comin from the new players.Last thing they will do is messin with the music player settings right away so they turn on this thing

12 hours ago, BlatMan said:

If you don't want to hear other player's music, then there should be an option to disable it on your end.

nah stop tochin this configs or any other..u people didnt had enough or wat

you mean player made music? like that stuff people make that sounds like an army of children got ahold of tubas and triangles and got told to go ham? You can ignore players i think and it will stop it. I can't rember if theres a option to turn off other players music.

4 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

you mean player made music? like that stuff people make that sounds like an army of children got ahold of tubas and triangles and got told to go ham? You can ignore players i think and it will stop it. I can't rember if theres a option to turn off other players music.

I don't know if that works with songs. It works with death themes and graffiti. Regardless, needing to constantly add and remove people from your ignore list to mute songs sounds like a chore. If OP could read they'd probably like my suggestion of adding an option to turn off other players' music.

Edited by BlatMan

38 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

I don't know if that works with songs. It works with death themes and graffiti. Regardless, needing to constantly add and remove people from your ignore list to mute songs sounds like a chore. If OP could read they'd probably like my suggestion of adding an option to turn off other players' music.

You should know by now anyone who plays FE or APB has to have everything explained to them in fine detail. As in you describe each and everything step by step and bit by bit to the smallest detail