Divait

The APB radar's placement change

Hey, tryhards folks!

I also wanted to suggest the radar's placement change because in the most of the games I've noticed a placement on the top of the left of your monitor screen but in APB it's just bottom right. I know you may start barking on me and say something like: "git used to it, kid and bla bla bla" But I play different games and I don't have too much hours in APB.

P.S. Maybe here I can find some people who already changed it but I'm just clueless about it.

I found some gameplay footage from Watch_Dogs showing the radar in the bottom right corner (though Watch_Dogs 2 switched to the bottom left corner). The Grand Theft Auto series consistently holds its radar/minimap in the bottom left corner too. Call of Duty seems to prefer its radar in the top left corner , and so does CS:GO.

I'd say this isn't as universal as you portray it in your post :V

There's no golden standard for on-screen radar placement, and in my opinion shifting it around to follow other games (particularly ones that a single community member has a preference for) feels kinda nonsensical.

Of course, the best solution would be to make the HUD elements customizable location-wise, kinda like Need for Speed: Porsche 2000 did all those years ago, where you could turn off individual modules of the HUD and freely set their position on the screen, but that's probably not too achievable right now.

8 hours ago, mtz said:

I found some gameplay footage from Watch_Dogs showing the radar in the bottom right corner (though Watch_Dogs 2 switched to the bottom left corner). The Grand Theft Auto series consistently holds its radar/minimap in the bottom left corner too. Call of Duty seems to prefer its radar in the top left corner , and so does CS:GO.

I'd say this isn't as universal as you portray it in your post :V

There's no golden standard for on-screen radar placement, and in my opinion shifting it around to follow other games (particularly ones that a single community member has a preference for) feels kinda nonsensical.

Of course, the best solution would be to make the HUD elements customizable location-wise, kinda like Need for Speed: Porsche 2000 did all those years ago, where you could turn off individual modules of the HUD and freely set their position on the screen, but that's probably not too achievable right now.

I think I just got used to PUBG and CS:GO radars then.