Sign in to follow this  
Dyrfinna

Login woes

So I kept count across my login attempts yesterday. I had to login 67 times. 55% of those logins got me to the character list, displaying it 37 times. Of those 37 times I was able to get to the district select screen after clicking 'next' 35% of the time (13/37 times). Then getting into a district is a little tricky. For one, it seems more likely to succeed if you're logging into social or a quiet district than into a busy district. I also counted district changes in the same tally. So in total I changed district either from the district select screen immediately after login or from another district, 22x. Of those, 12x was succesful or 55%.

Putting all this together makes the chance of succesfully completing the login process in one go about 10.6%.

That is rather annoying. Am I the only one with this problem?

Now I'm behind a load balancer, which could contribute the problem (though only if someone has explicitly written code to make it a problem), but there is do direct indication that it's related.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Well I continued counting, new cumulatives, based on 126 login attempts:

62,70% login success rate

49,37% from login screen to district select screen succes rate

54,00% district select to actually spawning in a district success rate

16,71% chance of succesful login procedure in one go

So that's improved fairly significantly from the last post.

Also, some observations. Failure to get from the login screen to the initial district select screen is almost invariably followed by a failure to login. The second login attempt (almost) always works.

What going from district select to spawning in a district fails, it requires restarting the whole game as this is so far always indicated by an infinite loading screen.