Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

Enforcement of Config ToS

1 hour ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

As far as I know APB cant even do a multi-monitor setup. That usually requires some specific graphics functions, for example DCS: World has it, but its really resource intensive. Multi monitor-capable games have to be able to render multiple times at the same time. Its not something you can just do in your configs as far as Im aware

Pretty sure those are just cheaters. Hopefully the anticheat update will clear the majority of them out. $5 says all the cheats today are built around battleye, theyll have to get around EAC first if they want to keep using them. And if you want a look at how effective EAC is, take a look at Rust's auto-twitter banfeed. Hundreds of players banned per hour, using paid or private cheats lol. A good sign for things to come.

I personally just no longer care most matchs i get are 3 golds 2 silver and my team is full silver with maybe a bronze and trying to score a single kill with anything that isnt a opgl/osmaw is like prying teeth with a pair of pilers

And i noted here there are some things you can do to the game that no one has said, but i wont point them out becuase 1 there pointless or 2 they barely effect anything

On 2/18/2023 at 2:05 AM, NotTheEnforcer said:

As far as I know APB cant even do a multi-monitor setup. That usually requires some specific graphics functions, for example DCS: World has it, but its really resource intensive. Multi monitor-capable games have to be able to render multiple times at the same time. Its not something you can just do in your configs as far as Im aware

APB does multi monitor perfectly fine. I used to do it forever ago when it was still a cool new thing.

Merged.

On 2/18/2023 at 1:17 AM, NotTheEnforcer said:

Okay Ill give you that, thats alright. I like my games looking as good as I can too. But I still feel like editing the configs is just a gateway to doing bad shit, it shouldnt be accessible. I dont know any other games that allow you to directly edit the complete graphical configs. Some games like Rust and ArmA can, but in a very limited capacity, like disabling some specific postprocessing or pre-rendered frames which you cant do ingame. Being able to fully change every conceivable graphic, particle, etc, is just going to give a excuse for people to do so

Most games from the early 2010's/2000's let you edit configs. Especially unreal engine games as the ini files are right there. It was pretty much the norm. It has only been recent years that those things have started to get locked down and pushed out.