NilPointer

[Steam SSO] Error 10017 - unable to login via Steam

Hi folks, 

For about 24h, users logging into the game via Steam Single Sign-On are unable to login with error 10017. Waiting didn't work. GamersFirst SSO works fine, so G1 accounts are able to login and play.

O5e3GkJ.jpeg

Similar issue reported in 2018 in the thread below, received no attention or replies. I can't imagine how you're not setting up tests and health checks for login actions, honestly...

Do I have to wait until Wednesday or is it a good time to trash the game? Issue (at least) happening in Citadel. Reproducible. Thanks in advance.

Note: AFAIK you can't connect a Steam account to a GamersFirst account (at least after the fact) making this Steam account stuck and unable to login.

Hello,

We are aware of the issue regarding Steam login not working for everyone. Unfortunately, this is an issue on Steam's end. You should be able to log in directly to the game using your login credentials. If you are unable to login or have trouble with those details, you can contact Support and we will assist you as quickly as we can.

2 hours ago, Stitchly said:

Hello,

We are aware of the issue regarding Steam login not working for everyone. Unfortunately, this is an issue on Steam's end. You should be able to log in directly to the game using your login credentials. If you are unable to login or have trouble with those details, you can contact Support and we will assist you as quickly as we can.

Thanks for your reply. Can you address the concerns in my second post if you know of course, on whether it's possible to connect a Steam login to a GamersFirst account (not having done so before)? 

There are no controls for this in the account management section, nor can I login with steam (website offers G1, PS and Xbox SSO) 

Thanks in advance 

12 minutes ago, NilPointer said:

Thanks for your reply. Can you address the concerns in my second post if you know of course, on whether it's possible to connect a Steam login to a GamersFirst account (not having done so before)? 

There are no controls for this in the account management section, nor can I login with steam (website offers G1, PS and Xbox SSO) 

Thanks in advance 

As long as the account doesn't have a Steam already linked to it, yes. After adding APB Reloaded to your Steam library, and launching the game, you will be directed to the game's registration page. Be sure to enter your login details for when you log in directly using the regular login.