Sign in to follow this  
ColorBauss

Need help with "minimum accurate kill time"

9 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Lily, the NTEC stat i believe is incorrect. It should be like, 1.26 or 1.28s, as I had used a macro in game to adjust firerate until it was perfectly accurate without any "shots fired with minor bloom". Unless your test was more recent than mine....

Sadly this information also is great for those who like using macros to set weapon firerates. Which ironically, people have done before.

I double checked, 1s is correct. Doing the math with hard-data from APBDB is always more accurate than randomly setting macro-intervals to 'what feels is right'.

Unless we are about to reach a discovery that exposes APBDB to not have been thoroughly updated.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LilyRain said:

I double checked, 1s is correct. Doing the math with hard-data from APBDB is always more accurate than randomly setting macro-intervals to 'what feels is right'.

Unless we are about to reach a discovery that exposes APBDB to not have been thoroughly updated.

unless my macro is broken on my keyboard....

Below- my test failed - somewhat

Mouse down
delay 1ms
mouse up
delay 30ms
mouse down
delay 1ms
mouse up
delay 30ms
repeat

is the only way i managed to get perfect accuracy... Anything when setting it lower, caused bloom to occur. This then sets it to .31s between shots.  I wonder if my keyboard macro is off, or if that's actually what i'm getting.

If i set it to repeat any more than this, by using a full 6 sequences, it would cause me to fire too fast, and if I set it as a single loop, i had to have it set to like 1/50, or it would bloom. So my macro is likely may be broken xD If i knew how to record, and get the MS from a video. I could probably get it accurate, as it's currently set where -any more- and it blooms, and -less- and it doesnt.

I did a -clock lap- on my phone timing with the sound while using my macro, and the average i got was .22-.25s which equates to about a 1.1ttk with perfect accuracy, which aligns much closer to your calc, if we add in human error. I dunno but it appears my macro is unreliable af xD. Not that I use it for anything other than copy/paste and work stuff. But it's good to know.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

9 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

unless my macro is broken on my keyboard....

Below- my test failed - somewhat

Hide contents

Mouse down
delay 1ms
mouse up
delay 30ms
mouse down
delay 1ms
mouse up
delay 30ms
repeat

is the only way i managed to get perfect accuracy... Anything when setting it lower, caused bloom to occur. This then sets it to .31s between shots.  I wonder if my keyboard macro is off, or if that's actually what i'm getting.

If i set it to repeat any more than this, by using a full 6 sequences, it would cause me to fire too fast, and if I set it as a single loop, i had to have it set to like 1/50, or it would bloom. So my macro is likely may be broken xD If i knew how to record, and get the MS from a video. I could probably get it accurate, as it's currently set where -any more- and it blooms, and -less- and it doesnt.

I did a -clock lap- on my phone timing with the sound while using my macro, and the average i got was .22-.25s which equates to about a 1.1ttk with perfect accuracy, which aligns much closer to your calc, if we add in human error. I dunno but it appears my macro is unreliable af xD. Not that I use it for anything other than copy/paste and work stuff. But it's good to know.

I wouldn't call it a failed test, quite the contrary, very successful. Not only an error/reaction_time of 0.1s is quite impressive but additionally, if you follow through all weapons with the same approach, you're going to reach the same ranking or 'tier-list' conclusion if you're trying to find out how fast weapons perform at their best accuracy like OP asked for. To enhance it further, you'd be slowing down your experiment into what people refer to as frame data but you don't really need to go all the way. A job well done, honestly.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LilyRain said:

I wouldn't call it a failed test, quite the contrary, very successful. Not only an error/reaction_time of 0.1s is quite impressive but additionally, if you follow through all weapons with the same approach, you're going to reach the same ranking or 'tier-list' conclusion if you're trying to find out how fast weapons perform at their best accuracy like OP asked for. To enhance it further, you'd be slowing down your experiment into what people refer to as frame data but you don't really need to go all the way. A job well done, honestly.

I meant the macro itself failed, as i was expecting it to work within the proper -ms- ratio to time but it didnt lol. But it did work otherwise for getting a rough estimate using the lap/timer, and thank yeh. 🙂

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this