UPDATE 12-25-21

I have restarted development of FESM, and in looking back there was one sample that many of you liked very much, that was not non-attribution and was a licensed sound.  Someone on Freesound uploaded a modified version (slightly modified, not by much) of the shotgun sound from Fallout 3...  I must take this sound out, but I have already replaced it with something I think is good and can possibly be made better.  

I have been able to access the raw decrypted files from the game files so now I can hear what sounds are what, whereas before I had to literally guess; making the mod a sort of crap shoot development project.  

With this information I have begun notating all sounds and replacing ones that need freshening up to todays standards.  

Not all sounds will need to be replaced, as some of the game sounds are actually great!  

As for now this content is totally optional, but if there are sounds desired enough to use permanently, that can be addressed with LO. 

INFORMATION BELOW IS OUTDATED - STAND BY FOR NEW LINK AND I WILL REPLACE THESE INSTRUCTIONS WITH NEW ONES. 

All sounds are Creative Commons License Non-Attribution.  Or Produced By Octane Sound via the Octane Sound Tank Sound Library. 

FESM 1.2 DOWNLOAD GDRIVE (basic mod: includes guns only)

FESM 1.5 DOWNLOAD GDRIVE (UI, Guns, Explosiongs, PvP, Crafting, Mobs, Lifenet, Equip, Motorcycle, ATV) *fixed mount gun sounds

FESM 1.6 DOWNLOAD GDRIVE (EVERYTHING ABOVE + MOTORCYCLE REPLACEMENT/INTERCEPTOR-FASTBACK/MOUNT GUN)
To install:

1. Unzip FESM to a folder on Desktop or wherever, OPEN FESM 
2. Copy everything from the sound folder
3. Paste into GamersFirst-FallenEarth-Sounds Folder
4. It will take about 3-5 Minutes, Overwrite Everything; Yes to All

NOTE:
The mod will uninstall itself after any some server restarts, and maintenance.  Repeat Steps to re-install. 

UPDATE 04-13-23
PLANS FOR FUTURE:

1. New NPC voices to match the spirit of the 13 years of player faction lore based on the history of the game
2. New Faction Conquer Sounds for Territory (partially complete)
3. Re-vamped UI sounds.  (partially complete)

4. All new sounds for Rifle, Pistol, Melee, Heavy, Throwables, 

HOPES AND DREAMS:

A fully voiced Graham and Elena (I have the scripts)

CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT FOR FESM 

+1 Studio to the Team 

1. Much better vehicle sounds

2. #4 listed from above

3. Notation of all sounds from /sounds folder

4. Playtest and reviewing sector ambience

5. Lots of troubleshooting 

6. New ability activation/casting sounds

FESM 1.7 <-- Download Link (Instructions and ReadMe included)

Edited by Crow Bennett
update

Hi, im very interested in this project.

I remember the original sounds of the game for the air guns and rifles were that, air pellets. But not they put bang sounds.... its more rewarding to actually get to real guns and the sound change...

I wanted to use the original sound. i believe this can allow that.