Sign in to follow this  
Tactical Ex

Fallen Earth Character Planner for Classic

I revived the Fallen Earth Character Planner. There were a few bugs that had to be resolved and the application is showing its age but it's up and running now!

Read about it here: Fallen Earth Character Planner by Tactical Ex

Get it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/feplanner/

Revision list:

===============================
Fallen Earth Character Planner
Created by Tactical Ex
Revision notes Version 2.6.0.x
===============================
[0] New Features
[1] Enhancements planned for next version
[2] Known Bugs
[3] Bug fix log

[3] Fixed broken Stats, skills and mutation browser window. Opening these windows no longer showed the information and instead a blank white box and sometimes an error message. This was caused by an expired certificate. I removed any signing on my end to avoid this from happening in the future if the project cannot be updated simply to update the signature. This will cause some security warnings that did not occur before in some cases but there is no actual security issue. 

[3] Fixed the redirect issue with "View in browser". When clicking on "View in browser" the page would redirect to an error page. Site migration broke the redirect rules. In order to avoid this the link generated by the character planner desktop application was changed. Note that this is a HACK but was done this way to avoid creating additional bugs as attempting to isolate the redirect rules to just tacticalexstudios domain introduces risk for the other hosted sites. Know that resolving issues like this in the future does not require a new release of the character planner. If a problem like this occurs please report the issue and check back later. 

[3] About information updated to reflect new developers and publishers. 

[3] About links updated to direct users to updated forums location. 

[3] About link to download new versions fixed.

[2] The web component is missing the new skills like "Desperado" (Pistol skill). These were added to Fallen Earth after this character planner stopped being supported. These skill information screens DO exist in the desktop application because of how the desktop application gets the information dynamically but the web application is static. There are no plans to amend this issue. If any fix is made it will be remaking the character planner with new technology. 

[1] A new installer. The old installer is no longer available at a reasonable cost. Expect future installations to look a bit different. 

Enjoy! 

Please comment here with any questions and requests.

If you feel like tossing a few chips my way for the effort you can send it to "Tacticalex" in-game

Edited by Tactical Ex
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for keeping this updated!

There's a lot of newbies like me running around right now that need as much help planning builds as we can get. 

I preformed a malware analysis on this file. I will not go into detail but there's an ambiguous indicators in the file and I would re frame from installing this to your computer.

Edited by slerk

5 hours ago, slerk said:

I preformed a malware analysis on this file. I will not go into detail but there's an ambiguous indicators in the file and I would re frame from installing this to your computer.

unless it's by thana i would not use it. thana knows enough IT and net stuff that if he really wanted to do something to your pc. he could and he would do something worse then malware

https://thanata.com/planner/#0100000B0B0B0B0B0B0B0B01010101010101010101010101161601010101010101010101