Sign in to follow this  
CompCam

Weapon balance

Hey,

Well, I'm here to share my opinion on some weapons and especially the oscar. 

Some weapons are unbalanced and still untouched at this time and other are pretty bad and totally forgotten. (Based from my own experience)

NERF :

N-hvr 243 (SCOUT) : With the big nerf of the N-hvr 762, the scout is now the only used sniper in the game with the DMR, I feel like it should be nerf on the range to allow a comeback of the 762
Dropoff Range : 90m to 70m

45AP : The 45AP is a second primary weapon, way too strong.
Fire rate : 0.2 to 0.22
Dropoff RAnge : 40m to 30m

BUFF :

Cobr-a : No one play this weapon, I personnaly like it, it ghost a lot but still fun to play
Fire interval : 0.170 to 0.160, (ttk of 0.800 istead of 0.850)
Ammo capacity : 100 to 140

H-9 Curse : between an OCA and a Condor but still weak in general.
Dropoff Range : from 30m to 35m or 40m
Fire interval : from 0.085 to 0.080 (ttk of 0.72 instead of 0.765)

SR15 : The last nerf is unjustified and is now a ghost shot machine. I love this weapon so I'm maybe not 100 % objectif but this weapon is now unplayable especially against a Nhvr-whisper or oscar... 
Per shot modifier : 0.23 to 0.19

REWORK :

Oscar :
The problem with (for me) this weapon is the versatility, it's strong on all ranges.

Actually, it need 7 shots to kill at 35m and 8 shots at 50m so both range = 4 burst and all this with a perfect accuracy.

The weapon need to be adjusted on that, it is strong on close or it is strong on long range, but not both.

At this point you can easily counter a shotgun, an oca in close due to the corner shots hability and in same time an ntec or cr762 at 50m it's ridiculous.

I have imagined multiple things to adjust this weapon and the best thing to do is delet it from the game (It's not a joke...)

More seriously, for me it should be the close range obir and be adjusted to works in close range. so here the stats :

Health damage               : 145 to 130
Shots to kill                     : 7 to 8 (still 4 burst)
Time to kill                      : still 0.825
Dropoff range                 : 35m to 30m
Accuracy Radius at 10m  : 14 to 30
Marksman modifier         : still 0.98
jump modifier                 : 4.6 to 10

Of course I have nothing to verify thoses stats in game and are based on my own knowledges of the stats system.
Maybe I'm the only one thinking that, tell me your opinion, let me know bellow ⬇️

HVR changes were really badly implemented I hope they revert it. Also hope they revert the NFAS changes, and basically all the other changes they did so far.

45AP should not be touched, atleast not so soon, its one of the highest skilled weapons in the game. 5 shots to kill one person, 7 rounds in the magazine. Anybody who doesn't land those 7 shots is punished. The FBW (starting pistol) has 15 rounds and kills in 6, its arguable its better than 45AP if you are fighting 2 people at once, since it will kill them both in 1 magazine.

Oscar is definitely a problem weapon, its basically an upgrade from the joker carbine as far as I'm aware. Honestly have not used it much at all because it doesn't play nicely with lag, being a burst fire rifle.

Guns in general need to serve a clear purpose or fit a niche, and should be outlined in their weapon description in game. For example burst fire weapons like OBIR or RFP should follow the principle that burst fire weapons generally have a slower time to kill than semi/full auto weapons. But the burst fire weapons do more damage per shot. This means they can make better use of cover by not exposing oneself between bursts and therefore will beat a semi/full auto weapon by having higher burst damage and playing correctly. And the downside to that is you need to aim well in order to actually land the entire burst on the target, while they are moving or while they are behind cover.

Then for SMGs/shotguns, SMG requires you to aim centre of mass very precisely and to track the target at the same time. You are exposed while full autoing SMG so you need good positioning by strafing or whatever. And for shotgun, they do burst damage so they are generally slower time to kill but can make use of cover to win fights.

Those guns Cobr-a and H-9 curse you mention are pretty wacky since they are not doing the job of n-tec, and not doing the job of an SMG. So they are like bad at everything situation, and therefore your gonna probably lose the fight. If a rifle wants you to aim down sights, then it probably needs mobility sling or else your an easy target. And some of these guns have strange bloom which makes them either really slow to tap fire or super inaccurate at full auto.

Thanks for the response .

1) I agree for the Nhvr. Nfas just need a little more range.

2) I disagree, the 45ap is accurate and can shot very fast, and if you add all the players with strange resolution with absolutly no recoil, the feeling is like a fbw.

3) I think SMG are pretty good balanced, except for the new whisper range.

4) Agree too, lot of weapon can't handle a n-tec and are unplayed cause of that.

3 hours ago, CompCam said:

2) I disagree, the 45ap is accurate and can shot very fast, and if you add all the players with strange resolution with absolutly no recoil, the feeling is like a fbw.

4) Agree too, lot of weapon can't handle a n-tec and are unplayed cause of that.

Those popular resolutions don't provide any advantage. In fact they make the game much harder to play since its harder to see things and its lower FOV. The optimal resolution is a wide/ultra-wide monitor (more than 2x wider than 1920x1080 isn't necessary) for maximum FOV. I have tested 3840x1080, thats basically the widest you ever want to go. A slightly lower res of 2560x1080 would work just as good. This would require having an actually ultra-wide monitor and not just messing with computer settings to work properly. And of course you have to play extremely high sensitivity to actually make use of ultra-wide, I think at my peak I played at around 10cm/360 which is 3x higher than CS:GO pro players.

Unless you have an extremely bad PC you can just play on regular resolution, or use one of these if you have a very slow PC: "16:9 aspect ratio resolutions: 1280×720, 1366×768, 1600×900, 1920×1080(default)", since lower resolution can give some extra FPS.

But much better to use custom config before lowering your resolution, and play with in-game settings too like anti-aliasing.

Merged.

3 hours ago, CompCam said:

The first change they did to NFAS was really bad because it made it do way less damage. NFAS was never "OP", it was super hard to actually use because the spread is giant. The only time it works good is when you can get the enemy super close to you and you basically hug them with the NFAS. It was pretty fun to use so its a shame they changed it.

45ap is very strong but it sort of has to be since it only has 7 bullets. If someone is using it and you attack them with 2 people at once, there's no way they can kill both of you.

N-tec should just have slightly worse starting accuracy because then long range fights will be more about OBIR/CR762 rifles and Snipers, and not just people spamming N-tec tap fire.

Edited by FakeBungo

how to blaance guns

step 1 remove all guns

step 2 add knifes

step 3 ?????????

step 4 profit

step 5 MONKEY KNIFE FIGHT

On 9/6/2021 at 1:04 PM, CompCam said:

Hey,

Well, I'm here to share my opinion on some weapons and especially the oscar. 

Some weapons are unbalanced and still untouched at this time and other are pretty bad and totally forgotten. (Based from my own experience)

NERF :

N-hvr 243 (SCOUT) : With the big nerf of the N-hvr 762, the scout is now the only used sniper in the game with the DMR, I feel like it should be nerf on the range to allow a comeback of the 762
Dropoff Range : 90m to 70m

45AP : The 45AP is a second primary weapon, way too strong.
Fire rate : 0.2 to 0.22
Dropoff RAnge : 40m to 30m

BUFF :

Cobr-a : No one play this weapon, I personnaly like it, it ghost a lot but still fun to play
Fire interval : 0.170 to 0.160, (ttk of 0.800 istead of 0.850)
Ammo capacity : 100 to 140

H-9 Curse : between an OCA and a Condor but still weak in general.
Dropoff Range : from 30m to 35m or 40m
Fire interval : from 0.085 to 0.080 (ttk of 0.72 instead of 0.765)

SR15 : The last nerf is unjustified and is now a ghost shot machine. I love this weapon so I'm maybe not 100 % objectif but this weapon is now unplayable especially against a Nhvr-whisper or oscar... 
Per shot modifier : 0.23 to 0.19

REWORK :

Oscar :
The problem with (for me) this weapon is the versatility, it's strong on all ranges.

Actually, it need 7 shots to kill at 35m and 8 shots at 50m so both range = 4 burst and all this with a perfect accuracy.

The weapon need to be adjusted on that, it is strong on close or it is strong on long range, but not both.

At this point you can easily counter a shotgun, an oca in close due to the corner shots hability and in same time an ntec or cr762 at 50m it's ridiculous.

I have imagined multiple things to adjust this weapon and the best thing to do is delet it from the game (It's not a joke...)

More seriously, for me it should be the close range obir and be adjusted to works in close range. so here the stats :

Health damage               : 145 to 130
Shots to kill                     : 7 to 8 (still 4 burst)
Time to kill                      : still 0.825
Dropoff range                 : 35m to 30m
Accuracy Radius at 10m  : 14 to 30
Marksman modifier         : still 0.98
jump modifier                 : 4.6 to 10

Of course I have nothing to verify thoses stats in game and are based on my own knowledges of the stats system.
Maybe I'm the only one thinking that, tell me your opinion, let me know bellow ⬇️

Agreed