AlienTM

Mad respect for Matt Scott

2 hours ago, GoldmanSchitsachs said:

most of the community can go suck on a fat one for all i care

you fit right in

On 6/9/2021 at 7:31 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Rest assured the entire team is still here.

I'll be more candid here. We followed the same strategy for over 2 years with mixed results. It makes no sense to keep following that same course and expect a different outcome. Instead, I came up with a new strategy that the existing team had avoided since the beginning of the port to 3.5. In fact, there is a segment of my team that feels my approach 'cant be done'.

So I felt the need to take over this portion of the development and then hand the game back off.

The work has involved tearing apart the base of the engine to re-implement several core systems from 1.20. That has meant having to go backward and get the data ported over again. This is why you're seeing all the rework.

Thanks,

Matt

Coming back here and seeing the first topic on this forum is the community worried about mental and well being of the CEO of the company rather than shit talking is really an odd thing to see.
It's like one of those goose bumps stories, where something is off.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:31 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Rest assured the entire team is still here.

I'll be more candid here. We followed the same strategy for over 2 years with mixed results. It makes no sense to keep following that same course and expect a different outcome. Instead, I came up with a new strategy that the existing team had avoided since the beginning of the port to 3.5. In fact, there is a segment of my team that feels my approach 'cant be done'.

So I felt the need to take over this portion of the development and then hand the game back off.

The work has involved tearing apart the base of the engine to re-implement several core systems from 1.20. That has meant having to go backward and get the data ported over again. This is why you're seeing all the rework.

Thanks,

Matt

Might aswell abandon patching the wounds of this project. This is taking as much time as creating a game from scratch.