Sign in to follow this  
SkyFix

Bad Service Version

So I keep getting 'Bad Service Version' over and over when I join a district, help?

Hi @SkyFix  , going to need more information then that.   

which district?    what servers are you connecting too?  what loader are you using, standard vanilla  or ADV ?  ,   do you load the game via steam or standalone?

1 minute ago, Sgt Drayke said:

Hi @SkyFix  , going to need more information then that.   

which district?    what servers are you connecting too?  what loader are you using, standard vanilla  or ADV ?  ,   do you load the game via steam or standalone?

I can join any district and it happens. I am connecting to EU. Vanilla with steam.

This has happened before when I used standalone aswell, I reinstalled my PC to see if that fixed it, nothing. I have contacted BattlEye but havent gotten a responce in 3 WEEKS. So I seek myself here.

Hi @SkyFix

Another question, Apologies I  missed this off thinking you was solely referring to the game. , Is this an APB Reloaded Error or an Error Posted by BattleEye?  

I will list 2 sets of "possible" reasons/fixes for you for both situations. 

APB most common Errors due to

Firewall/defender & AV software blocking game files / access to external / Access to memory or storage devices, 

MS NETFramework needs updating, 

MS Visual C++ Redistributable  for either x86 or x64 (both if on x64) requires update or installation. 

MS DX package update or installation.

Windows requires APB.exe and APBLauncher to me run in "administrative" compatibility .

BattleEye common Errors due to 

Firewall/defender & AV software blocking game files / access to external / Access to memory or storage devices, 

APB BattleEye Corrupt files

-> Fix/solution that has worked in the past,  

1) Locate  *DRIVE* \Steam\Steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries\ "Battleye" - Rename this with "BK" on the end,. (this will simply mean youv kept it as a backup. 

2) Begin APB Launcher (through your installed choice ie Steam) and if not already verifying missing files  click on "verify/repair" at the bottom. 

IF this does not fix your issue, 

1) within  DRIVE* \Steam\Steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries    Locate  "APB_BE.exe"  and Move this into the previously renamed folder "Battleye BK" . 

2)  Begin APB Launcher (through your installed choice ie Steam) and if not already verifying missing files  click on "verify/repair" at the bottom. 

IF this does not fix your issue , check your AV / AM & MS security applications again  to make sure they are not blocking APB or Battleeye.   if you have further issues get back to me. 

Note that even if you are updating your OS you may still require manually updating the extra MS features, if you do only get them from the MS site.  

13 hours ago, Sgt Drayke said:

Hi @SkyFix

Another question, Apologies I  missed this off thinking you was solely referring to the game. , Is this an APB Reloaded Error or an Error Posted by BattleEye?  

I will list 2 sets of "possible" reasons/fixes for you for both situations. 

APB most common Errors due to

MS NETFramework needs updating, 

MS Visual C++ Redistributable  for either x86 or x64 (both if on x64) requires update or installation. 

MS DX package update or installation.

Windows requires APB.exe and APBLauncher to me run in "administrative" compatibility .

BattleEye common Errors due to 

APB BattleEye Corrupt files

-> Fix/solution that has worked in the past,  

1) Locate  *DRIVE* \Steam\Steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries\ "Battleye" - Rename this with "BK" on the end,. (this will simply mean youv kept it as a backup. 

2) Begin APB Launcher (through your installed choice ie Steam) and if not already verifying missing files  click on "verify/repair" at the bottom. 

IF this does not fix your issue, 

1) within  DRIVE* \Steam\Steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries    Locate  "APB_BE.exe"  and Move this into the previously renamed folder "Battleye BK" . 

2)  Begin APB Launcher (through your installed choice ie Steam) and if not already verifying missing files  click on "verify/repair" at the bottom. 

IF this does not fix your issue , check your AV / AM & MS security applications again  to make sure they are not blocking APB or Battleeye.   if you have further issues get back to me. 

Note that even if you are updating your OS you may still require manually updating the extra MS features, if you do only get them from the MS site.  

I figured out what was the problem, my anti virus was blocking BattlEye. Thanks.

As this issue has been resolved, I've marked it as such and locked the thread.

~@mayii