Sign in to follow this  
(PS4)Xx_ABREIN_xX

Keyboard and mouse on Console

The biggest problem for players other than frame drops from changing your weapon ,switching a mod, or car is fighting people with keyboards and mouses.

If you didn't know on consoles leaning isn't possible the reason being is their is no keyboard and mouse support 

But even still alot of players will use devices like the keymander in order to use a keyboard and mouse on console making it nearly impossible to fight them (i call these players rejected pc players)

I've found it harder to play the game because just about everyday its someone using keyboard and mouse against controllers

Plz help i reported the person twice now and not 1 of them have been responded to its been nearly 10 days and nothing not even a "we'll look into it" feels bad man 😢

Ahahaha, never thought I'd see APB as one of the games that people complain about this.

Little Tip, None of the mouse/keyboard adapters have active profiles for APB. Literally every single adapter emulates a controller, and with how dodgy the frame rate is, trying to use one of these adapters is downright awful. 

Not to mention that even with maxed out turn speed, you can't turn that fast, so a mouse doesn't help. 

39 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

Ahahaha, never thought I'd see APB as one of the games that people complain about this.

Little Tip, None of the mouse/keyboard adapters have active profiles for APB. Literally every single adapter emulates a controller, and with how dodgy the frame rate is, trying to use one of these adapters is downright awful. 

Not to mention that even with maxed out turn speed, you can't turn that fast, so a mouse doesn't help. 

Still puts them at an advantage over other players 

i dont think its against the ToS is it?

Just now, (PS4)Xx_ABREIN_xX said:

No but devs would often ban people who did it before lo was a thing

seems like a weird thing to ban people for tbh, why not just ask orbit to map a lean function for controllers

Just now, BXNNXD said:

seems like a weird thing to ban people for tbh, why not just ask orbit to map a lean function for controllers

I mean that's a option but also maybe just keyboard and mouse support for consoles as well

1 minute ago, (PS4)Xx_ABREIN_xX said:

I mean that's a option but also maybe just keyboard and mouse support for consoles as well

thatd be cool too, but they need sony/microsoft approval for that id assume

although they prolly need that for every single patch so idk

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx_ABREIN_xX said:

Still puts them at an advantage over other players 

Except it really doesn't. With how APB runs on consoles, trying to emulate a controller barely works. 

I've used the XIM many times on console (One of THE BEST adapters on the market) and it barely works with APB. These adapters don't give a 1-1 feel, even on games that have their smart translators for. APB doesn't have a smart translator, so using a mouse will give you extremely jagged and choppy aim. Plus, the stuttering and delayed actions of the console version would cause someone using a mouse/keyboard to CONSTANTLY lose input. Meaning they'd stop turning, stop shooting, stop running, so on.

Some games like CoD and BF it's a decent advantage, but not in APB. Trust me on this one.

2 hours ago, TheAceNinja said:

im pretty sure you've never seen / tried the XIM4  , one of my friends has one , and man , it just feels like playing with a regular mouse and keyboard after 5 minutes of tweaking

onei

2 hours ago, TheAceNinja said:

Except it really doesn't. With how APB runs on consoles, trying to emulate a controller barely works. 

I've used the XIM many times on console (One of THE BEST adapters on the market) and it barely works with APB. These adapters don't give a 1-1 feel, even on games that have their smart translators for. APB doesn't have a smart translator, so using a mouse will give you extremely jagged and choppy aim. Plus, the stuttering and delayed actions of the console version would cause someone using a mouse/keyboard to CONSTANTLY lose input. Meaning they'd stop turning, stop shooting, stop running, so on.

Some games like CoD and BF it's a decent advantage, but not in APB. Trust me on this one.

I dont think i can trust you ln that one on the website many users post their explaining how it works using 1 profile and saying "well it didn't work" isn't really using it its lot of other profiles that work with the game for the xim . i hear that a overwatch profile works really well for apb

Edited by (PS4)Xx_ABREIN_xX

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

im pretty sure you've never seen / tried the XIM4  , one of my friends has one , and man , it just feels like playing with a regular mouse and keyboard after 5 minutes of tweaking

Had the XIM3 for the 360 and the XIM4 for my PS4. Haven't purchased the Apex because my current XIM4 works just fine. "Feels like" is not the same as 1-1. Call of Duty and Battlefield are the "Closest" while games like Overwatch, Siege, Division, and a few other games have a slight delay/sluggish feel because of how the game does V-sync. 

It also drops input if you move your mouse too fast because (Again) you're emulating a controller, so you have the max turn speed of the game you have to worry about.

The lower the frame rate, or the worst the game runs, the WORSE the XIM runs. As I said, APB on console has awful stuttering and inconsistent framerate so the XIM goes all to shit/whack.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Xx_ABREIN_xX said:

onei

I dont think i can trust you ln that one on the website many users post their explaining how it works using 1 profile and saying "well it didn't work" isn't really using it its lot of other profiles that work with the game for the xim . i hear that a overwatch profile works really well for apb

You're welcome to visit their forums which are open and search for APB.

• Like 1

Ace is right. I used a XIM on console for awhile when I had to play with console friends. Tried it for APB and it was actually terrible and doesn't really help with the super strong aim assist APB has. The terrible FPS makes it only worse. 

It worked fairly well for games like Halo and CoD, but it doesn't register quick swipes and isn't even close to 1:1 input. 

Edited by :^)

40 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

Had the XIM3 for the 360 and the XIM4 for my PS4. Haven't purchased the Apex because my current XIM4 works just fine. "Feels like" is not the same as 1-1. Call of Duty and Battlefield are the "Closest" while games like Overwatch, Siege, Division, and a few other games have a slight delay/sluggish feel because of how the game does V-sync. 

Oh well , then , i didn't knew much of that  , i mean i did feel a slight delay , but i still was superior to everyone , but again it was Battlefield 1 so yeah , that's good to know stuff , and now yeah i'd guss APB isn't good for any of that then.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Xx_ABREIN_xX said:

Plz help i reported the person twice now and not 1 of them have been responded to its been nearly 10 days and nothing not even a "we'll look into it" feels bad man 😢

Well , thing is those are just players that are using an accessory after all , it's kinda in the greyzone as you can consider that as people that are simply using a "upgraded" controller

Easy 5 step guide on how to lean on console:

Step 1: Grab a keyboard

Step 2: Remove all keys from your keyboard with the exception of Q and E

Step 3: Connect the keyboard to your PS4 and place it on the floor

Step 4: Click with your toes to lean in the desired direction

Step 5: Become a try hard

Congrats! You are now able to be just as much of a try hard as everyone else!

Sign in to follow this