Sign in to follow this  
Kaaaaattt

FFA fight within premade groups

Me and my friends likes to fight against one another when we are alone in a premade group (outside missions ofc), and it usually get one of us kicked from the server for excessive team killing. 

I would love to be able to start a FFA fight that is not time or kill based within our premade group, that also would not yield any rewards or punishments, it would just be for pure fun.

It could be a toggle option for the group leader and anyone in the group who presses K will join. And typing /abandonmission will take you out of it.

If you "abandon mission" you would still be in the group and anyone who is still left in the FFA will be seen as if they were in a mission. If you decide to press K again you will rejoin.

Until servers can only support 80 players in one instance and avg. pop does not go over 1000 on Citadel, I don´t think it´s a good idea to include any sort of extra game modes that take away from the standard missions.

Think about it... the more game modes get included that do not reward the player but adds ambiguity to the game, the less people will actually play the original matches that DO reward the player. Consequence of that is that more people will leave the game, because at the current level, there won´t be enough players to continuously fulfill matchmaking requests, resulting in long waiting times and empty missions.

It´s a good idea that should be added to the roster nonetheless, but at the game´s current state, LO needs to sort out priority issues, mainly completely implementing the new engine and developing cross-instance matchmaking, making a marketing campaign to bring new players into the game.

The player base is indeed low, but I don't think FFA matches with a max of four players would hurt. Quite the opposite, because this would give new players and green/bronze/silver a chance to train against their friends instead of getting destroyed by high rank veterans. And since it won't give any rewards or progress they will still have motivation to do the real missions afterwards.

To train against my friends is literally the reason why I want to have this implemented. Because then I might actually get them to keep playing this game.