Sign in to follow this  
BrutalCopp

Improve latency/performance and more

@MattScott

Alright, let me start by saying that I have been playing this game since 2012 and I have seen a lot. If anyone knows whats wrong with the game, it's someone who spent years playing it. I understand that upgrading the engine and fixing all the bugs is not an easy job, but why wouldn't you make some small changes that can at least slightly improve gaming experience for all of us who are still here supporting this game after everything? 

Latency: (Seriously reconsider at least this one)
District population is too high. Your servers/game/whatever just can't handle it. There is significant improvement in latency when district population is 40-60 (20 or 30 on each side). Game is more responsive and smoother. There is not even a single benefit of having more players than that. 30-30 was limit before and I believe that's how it should be. Districts will have less lag, less chances of overlapping missions on the same location (which causes even more performance issues), and they will be filled evenly without having to force (spam) entering full districts. 

- Some people might be laughing at this, but most of us here can't afford or just don't want to spend money on i7's or i9's and too expensive GPUs. Especially not just to be able to play 10 years old game.

Civilian cars:
I don't know what happened in the meantime but I have noticed that civilian cars are getting stuck on intersections. I have noticed that FPS is dropping in those locations from 90-100 to 50 (almost everything on low with advanced launcher). If there is an objective around that intersection, game smoothness is lost and it becomes laggy as hell. Some of the locations where this is happening: Main police station (Violet Prentiss and Merri Kent), gass staion next to it, around Wilson LeBoyce, train station with Double-B.... 

Sometimes you spawn and there is not even a single car in 100m radius when you need it, because there is 15 or more of them stuck in traffic somewhere else on the map.
Try to fix that. If car is stuck in traffic for too long, it should re-spawn somewhere else.

Spawning: 

I can't even count how many times I killed someone, and then got sniped in my back by the same person because he re-spawned in range (approx 80m). Please change minimum spawn distance. I would like it to be 150m.

Mobile Spawn Point:

Again, too many times players are spawning in car when it's too close to objective or enemy player. Set it to minimum 50m away from death location, enemy player or objective. If previously mentioned spawning is changed to 150m, spawning in the car at 50m is more than beneficial and enough not to be annoying.
And second thing about car spawns that should be implemented:
-If player is spawning in HIS OWN CAR, he should ALWAYS spawn in driver seat. It is so irritating to spawn as passenger, and then random player from the team spawns as driver and leaves the car. Now I'm exposed and have to exit and enter the car again. If someone is shooting at the car, they have more chances to destroy it. So, if it's my vehicle I want to have control of it.

Weapon inventory:
It would be nice to have possibility to rearrange weapons in the inventory. We all have weapons that we use more often then others. I would like to move then up, so I can switch faster without scrolling trough the whole inventory.

Kicking players from the mission:

This "demerit" thing we have now is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Players can still do many things that deserve a kick, without getting demerit.

- Be "afk" by simply not going to objective or going on the other side of the map

- Run towards the enemy on the last stage and let be killed

- Do friendly fire 

People do this too often. Or for example, if you kill someone by an accident and say sorry, you can still be kicked. 

I would suggest 2 options:
1) Return the old kick system but limit it to 1 kick per mission
2) Vote option. If 1 is ruining the mission of the rest 3 of us, let us vote him out. Make it 55% votes to be enough for kick. It is so simple and fair

That's it for now. 

40 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

District population isn't too high, servers are the problem, they can't handle 40-40

Loadouts - that would be cool too 🙂 

Yes, I agree. The population it's self is not the problem, but the servers which can't handle it. So I just gave a suggestion to lover it until things change/get fixed. 
And way back, district population was 30-30 🙂 then they tried 40-40 and 50-50, than went back to 40-40. That's what I remember from 2012 and few years after.