robinza

Random tradelock

So i was playing around and i tried to buy something from the marketplace, Then i find out i have a tradelock for 3 days?

Here is a list of things i did today:

- I bought 500GC

- I bought a 2 guns

- I HAVENT updated my windows the past days

-I HAVENT done anything to my BIOS

and thats it?

Im really confused on why this happend, is anyone able to explain why and how to prevent it?

Guest Zilsux

A lot of things can trade lock you. Even background driver updates. Hell, I get trade locked by removing stuff like hardware or even drivers. Last time I got trade locked was after my Nvidia app updated my GPU driver on the background, and my friend about a month ago got locked by Re-plugging his Ram.

The best way to prevent this is by touching your PC as little as you can, both hardware and software wise if it means it might change anything that APB can detect.

54 minutes ago, Zilsux said:

A lot of things can trade lock you. Even background driver updates. Hell, I get trade locked by removing stuff like hardware or even drivers. Last time I got trade locked was after my Nvidia app updated my GPU driver on the background, and my friend about a month ago got locked by Re-plugging his Ram.

The best way to prevent this is by touching your PC as little as you can, both hardware and software wise if it means it might change anything that APB can detect.

Of course updating gpu drivers or removing and re-plugging ram sticks can trade lock you.

But as i saw you didn't knew about that.

Well, now you know.

Is just 3 days, no worries anyway.

53 minutes ago, Zilsux said:

But that doesnt make any sence why would they make it that way, why dont they disable it?

Just now, AlishaAzure said:

Of course updating gpu drivers or removing and re-plugging ram sticks can trade lock you.

Well, now you know.

And how do assure it doesnt happen again since i didnt do anything in the first place

Trade locks usually happen with larger software changes and significant hardware changes (not just plugging in an extra drive), but there's no guarantee of that.

Send in a ticket if you feel it shouldn't have happened, so they can check up on what triggered it to see if they can/want to further improve the detection methods.

Guest Zilsux
On 3/5/2020 at 11:47 AM, AlishaAzure said:

Well, now you know.

Most games do not care about removing hardware, or any changes that doesn't really add anything new to your system or replaces stuff. Driver updates can happen in the background so to the normal eye, you might think you haven't done anything. Also re-plugging hardware without any real change while the system is OFF like taking a Ram stick out, cleaning the contacts and re-inserting it shouldn't trade lock you, but it sometimes does.

My point is to show how random and unpredictable APB is with trade lock.

On 3/5/2020 at 11:48 AM, robinza said:

But that doesnt make any sence why would they make it that way, why dont they disable it?

And how do assure it doesnt happen again since i didnt do anything in the first place

The system does this so JIC you get hacked, they can't move your items for 3 days at least.

There's no real why to stay away from trade locks, as it happens when APB detects that your last system info has changed in any way. But they do tend to be short, like in your case, 3 days. Best thing is to wait them out.

Edited by Zilsux