kerryb8448

multiple issues - bug reporter, customer service, lag in game, kicked out of game for cheating

In the process of reinstalling the game. I've gotten in game boot for 'cheat detection' a few times recently. Tried to use the bug reporter in game, that didn't work with a message in district chat saying contact customer support. Tried customer support, that didn't work either in game. Been experiencing extreme lag in game, can't even drive straight due to the screen freezing and then showing a direction where my character probably should be due to my keystrokes. Very choppy.

I don't know if the new servers are the issue, but something is definitely off within the game.

Of course, sadly there are so many issues right now, and i hope they are working on a way to fix them all.

Let's wait and we will see.

Latency should be number one issue addressed. When I'm shooting at someone, hit them numerous times over and doesn't die because of choppy screens, makes the game unplayable. I literally shot at someone going from left to right on the screen because they started that way but stopped. The screen choppiness still had them moving that way but they were still and of course, I was shot dead. Happens way too much, and I'm not playing till it is fixed. 

Merged.

got freeze frames, game locked up, and then booted. no explanation, just straight to send crash report. happened at least 3 times in one day.

On 12/2/2019 at 3:19 AM, kerryb8448 said:

Latency should be number one issue addressed.

I'm assuming you're on Citadel, which is currently in New York while they fix the issues getting the EU servers up and running.

3 minutes ago, kerryb8448 said:

still going on.  hope you're getting the crash bug reports.

How often are you seeing crashes? Are these full client crashes with the reporter?

If so, what error is shown at the top of the stack trace when you click on 'click here to see what's sent' (or what ever the text exactly says)

On 12/1/2019 at 11:59 PM, kerryb8448 said:

Tried customer support, that didn't work either in game

Are you logged in via steam or via email and password (so I can try to replicate this)

Jericho - NA.

Seeing a few times a day, with the full client crash. There is no error shown, there is just the screen freeze for at least 20-30 seconds then the crash. The reporter then happens and I have always sent the bug report.

I am not logged in via steam. Just run the apbprogram to launch the game and log in thru login screen. 

Next time it happens, I'll make note of the crash bug report ticket number and post here.

Reference: 2019-12-05_07.59.59.059_Client_crash

Merged.

Another related note, the start of the next apbprogram resultls in a full update of files next time it is run before the start button will activate.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:42 AM, kerryb8448 said:

I am not logged in via steam. Just run the apbprogram to launch the game and log in thru login screen. 

I was able to open the support page in the ingame browser without issues.

1 hour ago, kerryb8448 said:

Another related note, the start of the next apbprogram resultls in a full update of files next time it is run before the start button will activate.

This is always done after the client crashes, nothing to worry about. It's not updating, it's scanning the files to see if some need fixing

2 hours ago, kerryb8448 said:

Reference: 2019-12-05_07.59.59.059_Client_crash

That'll be for the staff to possibly look at

3 minutes ago, kerryb8448 said:

Reference: 2019-12-06_08.16.12.375_Client_crash

Any chance you could upload the files themselves to somewhere (so we can try and see if we spot the issue)

3 hours ago, kerryb8448 said:

Doesn’t the crash report send the files?

They do, but that's to staff. I don't get to see that, I'm just a player trying to help.

3 hours ago, kerryb8448 said:

If there are files on my pc, which ones?

Those are the ones mentioned on the crash reporter, they should be similar to these:

2019.09.28-22.56.53-10668.dmp

2019.09.28-22.56.53-10668.log

They should be in this folder: APB Reloaded\APBGame\Logs

I don't see my files by these exact names in my apb folder/logs, but other files are there. Looking thru the logs, the program wasn't found. Not sure why this happens.. but that usually was the reason for the shutdown to occur.

Another common occurrence,  last few days been getting the boot from the game from anti-cheat. Not cheating and nothing else running on the computer. I suggest looking at that function. Last time it happened, I rebooted my computer beforehand and restarted the game fresh, nothing running but apb. I logged in fine, and just stood there with no keystokes. Booted me after about 5 min.

12 hours ago, kerryb8448 said:

I don't see my files by these exact names in my apb folder/logs, but other files are there. Looking thru the logs, the program wasn't found. Not sure why this happens.. but that usually was the reason for the shutdown to occur.

They would have slightly different names, but when the crash reporter comes up there a link you can click that shows you more info. That also has the names of the exact files.

20 minutes ago, kerryb8448 said:

Another common occurrence,  last few days been getting the boot from the game from anti-cheat. Not cheating and nothing else running on the computer. I suggest looking at that function. Last time it happened, I rebooted my computer beforehand and restarted the game fresh, nothing running but apb. I logged in fine, and just stood there with no keystokes. Booted me after about 5 min.

What kind of error code/message does that give you? Without knowing which error there is literally nothing anyone can try to help with 

the anti cheat error box, error code 00000000001 (don't know how many zeros, but that was the code).

Appreciate the interest kerkov, but the developers have to look at this. Maybe getting their attention is better to help resolve.

reran the anti cheat executable that a GM in game told me about, haven't had that problem since.

game seems to be fine for a couple of days from these errors. guessing the slow connnection and response were the main culprits here..

• Thanks 1