Sign in to follow this  
Jettie

General Protection Fault

So every time i try to create a character or try to enter the world with a already existing one it freezes then i CTD with a general protection fault could somebody please tell me what to do?

i think this might be the c++ crash error? i get it too.

generally this is created when code called a virtual method from either a constructor or destructor method... which makes sense if it is an exit clean-up routine.

feels pretty harmless in itself but it is annoying every time i quit the game to see it not exit cleanly. and it doesn't do it all the time.

i do want to mention i run a memory cleaning process on windows 10 that helps keep paging under control. i'm not sure if this exit error could potentially leave users exposed to memory leaks or not. something to keep an eye on for sure...

@gordIsMyName Actually not. General Protection Fault error still remains on this game since its release.

It mostly happens when a running thread is trying to access reserved memory addresses.

EDIT : The C++ crash error happens because the process is trying to call a pure virtual method, which is normally impossible because a pure virtual method should be redefined in classes that inherits from it and cannot be directly called by the code.

Edited by rSyk