Sign in to follow this  
Eisena

Habits

You can never quit those, can you? It's ingrained in your self.

These are the things which makes life most difficult, but without them you wouldn't remain stable long.

Wish someone would be able to pull that straight out of me though.

It has bery little to do with "It's ingrained in your self." and everything to do with poor will power and dopamine craving management.

Your brain (( you )) is practically an idiot when it comes to day to day tasks and it literally does not care what is rational, healthy, practical and so on, it just wants a hit of dopamine regardless of what shape of form it has. You do it, whatever it is that you do, smoking, drinking, doing drugs, binge eating, because it grants you with a form of relief and satisfaction, e.g. the calming effect of alcohol or taste buds overiding via strong/fake food. 

What you need to do is literally eliminate any supply in your home of whatever it is that's giving you those cravings. It could be anything, if you're a heavy drinker literally throw away all the alcohol in your house. You'll crave it bad, especially the first few weeks but you'll just have to overcome it, when you don't have access to something, you can't consume it, sure you can go to the store but that's missing the point entirely.

The " remain stable long " remark from your side is utter fallacy, it's not "stable" you're just living under the impression that the satisfaction from bad habbits represents stability, because you're reactive, you need to be proactive. Withdrawal is something absolutely nobody wants to go through, I certainly haven't because I don't need to, I dont have bad habits, like drinking, smoking or eating too much or whatever, the cold hard truth is that, there is no easy way in this, you'll have to embrace it head on and it will suck, and the success of it depends on you entirely.

Edited by ch4ncer
  • Like 2

It's not that much about quitting than it is about replacing bad habits with healthier ones. You don't need to smoke, drink or yeet da meat in order to please your system.

Remember YOU are the one who controls your own cravings --- that's more than enough to get you started. Though the first week will be like hell, but there's nothing you can do about that.

On another note, getting rid of some habits will improve your health. Sugar, salt and alcohol bloat you up - you'll get a flatter stomach after about a month of quitting those. You can ALWAYS look better, and you should look forward to it. Looks make a serious difference.

Edited by _chain

I was unsure how to responds to you two. But yea, you are right ofc.

I've done exactly that, multiple times in fact. It's a loop.

Isn't it a fact that habits and behaviours define a person?

I can choose to act on cravings or desires, but I can't make a conscious decision to want to do something.

Sign in to follow this