So do we not have AntiCheat at this time?

Just now, BXNNXD said:

they didnt play gently, back when we had just punkbuster as an anticheat and there was pretty much no threat of a ban as long as you didnt go full blatant the closets werent even closets lol

1. they didnt play gently
2. as long as you didnt go full blatant

Can you see the contradiction?  Once we had the massive, what 16,000+ bans... the cheaters went full blatant, and closeting (playing gently) stopped being a thing.

14 minutes ago, Hey! said:

I don't mean *do better* as in play better.  I mean *do better* as in not get KICKED.  Why should golds be squashing bronzes in a bronze district?  If they get kicked either they tone down their playstyle to be with friends, or they up their ante and play with equals.

Im talking about the golds in silver district, beating other golds and they arent cheating, probably not a lot of them but you want people to tone down their skill level because they're too high above the average?

I think threat would need to be reworked before you could even attempt this

Edited by ScarecrowXIII

Look, no one likes cheaters.  But there is no possible way cheating can be stopped.  Not in a FTP game where IP bans can be evaded, and new reroll accounts made endlessly and instantly.  Just give up.  You cannot punish them.  You cannot ban them permanently.  So stop trying and wasting resources and ensnaring the innocent players with settings that actually work.  STOP.  Permanent bans are a huge failure and have nearly destroyed this game and turned it into a vicious, ugly, hateful toxic community who can't wait to destroy more accounts.

We just need a fair and instant solution.  Temporary kicks for suspicious players who exceed the normal parameter settings for a district.  And I don't mean someone who gets, what 15 kills or even 28 kills this one time.  But someone BLATANT who far exceeds the norm repeatedly.  Should get a kick because... either he's too good for school and needs to play in a higher skill district... or he's not human and is using some automation.  Either way, the kicks would be that very day and not months later... so the average players get a break.  And the above average players should still be beneath the radar... but those too brilliant amazing god-tier players... can get a few minutes time off.  And if they are so excellent, they can create their own special platinum district or tone down their cheats, erhm... fantasticness.

Just now, Hey! said:

1. they didnt play gently
2. as long as you didnt go full blatant

Can you see the contradiction?  Once we had the massive, what 16,000+ bans... the cheaters went full blatant, and closeting (playing gently) stopped being a thing.

do you understand the difference between a shawcopter and a person with a 50ms delay triggerbot?

neither of them are "gently cheating" but one of them is very obviously a more visible problem

4 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Im talking about the golds in silver district, beating other golds and they arent cheating, probably not a lot of them but you want people to tone down their skill level because they're too high above the average?

" because they're too high above the average?"

While I know this is subjective, it really is quantifiable.  Basically NO ONE should have the unqualified right to ROFLsh*tstomp the general population of players. Even above cheating, this griefer mentality is what has made APB so toxic and depleted the playerbase.  But in any case, a special no rules district could be created where, sure... no limits.  But on ordinary servers, with ordinary players... sometimes enough is enough.  Why should the best (legit) players... rack up amazing kill streaks, while the general playerbase simply racks up amazing death streaks?  While theat may serve a few guys egos... it devastates the ordinary, premium paying population... pushing the game to bankruptcy.

So you're complaining if you play so well you get flagged, and continue playing so amazing that eventually you get kicked for a few minutes?  Because you could not continue to ROFLsh*tstomp everybody?  So we're talking perspective here. I don't mean ordinary good players... I mean what essentially amounts to either superhuman or griefing play styles.  Yes, deserve an immediate but temporary kick, if for nothing else, to give a breather to the rest of the playerbase.. which by this system hopefully would GROW.  We need NEW trainees and bronzies... and not to have them preyed upon by the rudest, ugliest griefers ever to visit a video game.

Either that or go to a higher threat district and play equals.  

Just now, BXNNXD said:

do you understand the difference between a shawcopter and a person with a 50ms delay triggerbot?

neither of them are "gently cheating" but one of them is very obviously a more visible problem

A shawcopter, such as Goat was never playing gently though... and most assuredly never played legit.  Most closets play legit and then toggle when they're losing. Honest, in my experience, this was easier to counter than the MrEpicGoat shawcopter types.  But here's the thing... YOU CANT STOP THE CHEATERS.  So why try?  They just REROLL and come right back. Find a DIFFERENT system.

Also, how hard would it be to implement detection for those who *toggle and become amazing as the game is ending... over time this would be a suspicious pattern that could lead to a temp kick as well.  It's just an idea, and I think a good one with a little tweaking.  But ffs... perma bans are fail on so many levels.  G1 did it basically hoping all those banned would buy their stuff again.  isn't that idiotic?  Esp when cheaters could make a lot of in-game cash and buy the best legendaries.

5 minutes ago, Hey! said:

" because they're too high above the average?"

While I know this is subjective, it really is quantifiable.  Basically NO ONE should have the unqualified right to ROFLsh*tstomp the general population of players. Even above cheating, this griefer mentality is what has made APB so toxic and depleted the playerbase.  But in any case, a special no rules district could be created where, sure... no limits.  But on ordinary servers, with ordinary players... sometimes enough is enough.  Why should the best (legit) players... rack up amazing kill streaks, while the general playerbase simply racks up amazing death streaks?  While theat may serve a few guys egos... it devastates the ordinary, premium paying population... pushing the game to bankruptcy.

So you're complaining if you play so well you get flagged, and continue playing so amazing that eventually you get kicked for a few minutes?  Because you could not continue to ROFLsh*tstomp everybody?  So we're talking perspective here. I don't mean ordinary good players... I mean what essentially amounts to either superhuman or griefing play styles.  Yes, deserve an immediate but temporary kick, if for nothing else, to give a breather to the rest of the playerbase.. which by this system hopefully would GROW.  We need NEW trainees and bronzies... and not to have them preyed upon by the rudest, ugliest griefers ever to visit a video game.

Either that or go to a higher threat district and play equals.  

A shawcopter, such as Goat was never playing gently though... and most assuredly never played legit.  Most closets play legit and then toggle when they're losing. Honest, in my experience, this was easier to counter than the MrEpicGoat shawcopter types.  But here's the thing... YOU CANT STOP THE CHEATERS.  So why try?  They just REROLL and come right back. Find a DIFFERENT system.

okay, for arguments sake lets say that cheaters should be allowed to continue playing as long as they cheat "gently"

what happens to this kick system when the average skill level of a district is now attuned to a level achieved with cheats?

Just now, BXNNXD said:

okay, for arguments sake lets say that cheaters should be allowed to continue playing as long as they cheat "gently"

what happens to this kick system when the average skill level of a district is now attuned to a level achieved with cheats?

There has to be a district where golds can play.  But when for example golds ONLY want to play against bronzes... the bronzes disappear and Dethreating becomes a thing. The game is broken already.  You cannot stop the cheaters.  You can't.  In a perfect world, but not here.  So whatcha gonna do? Ban everybody?  G1 already tried.  What did it accomplish?  a vanishing population.

If the threat level gets attuned to the cheats.  HEY, we've got our purgatory district huh?  Now... I don't have to play on that one do I.  So if there are more cheaters driving up the "threat level" then ordinary weak players... it's just reflecting the state of the game isn't it. But you and I know that will never happen because there aren't that many cheaters relative to the average playerbase.

So your point is?  If 100 cheaters raise the threat, where do the 10 bronzes play?  Well, I say create a new little bronze district.  If it gets flooded with cheaters... then find a new game cos... really, there's no where else to go if everyone in APB is cheating huh?  But should, for example, 10 bronzes throw out and perma ban 100 so-called cheaters? Economically it doesn't work either.  truth is, most of those presumed illegits ARE legit.  they just are congregated in a weaker zone, where they do not belong, unless they tone down their game to stop griefing the district.

5 minutes ago, Hey! said:

There has to be a district where golds can play.  But when for example golds ONLY want to play against bronzes... the bronzes disappear and Dethreating becomes a thing. The game is broken already.  You cannot stop the cheaters.  You can't.  In a perfect world, but not here.  So whatcha gonna do? Ban everybody?  G1 already tried.  What did it accomplish?  a vanishing population.

If the threat level gets attuned to the cheats.  HEY, we've got our purgatory district huh?  Now... I don't have to play on that one do I.  So if there are more cheaters driving up the "threat level" then ordinary weak players... it's just reflecting the state of the game isn't it. But you and I know that will never happen because there aren't that many cheaters relative to the average playerbase.

So your point is?  If 100 cheaters raise the threat, where do the 10 bronzes play?  Well, I say create a new little bronze district.  If it gets flooded with cheaters... then find a new game cos... really, there's no where else to go if everyone in APB is cheating huh?  But should, for example, 10 bronzes throw out and perma ban 100 so-called cheaters? Economically it doesn't work either.  truth is, most of those presumed illegits ARE legit.  they just are congregated in a weaker zone, where they do not belong, unless they tone down their game to stop griefing the district.

in this scenario the gold or silver district would become "purgatory" and then where do all those players play?

not banning cheaters is foolish tbh, afaik every other comparable game bans cheaters

also the insane PR backlash from announcing "we will no longer be permanently banning cheaters" would likely be enough to kill the game all on its own