Sign in to follow this  
mojical

Remove ACES series preset modifications (Short barrel/Extended barrel)

There was already a discussion about this here:

However, I decided to bring it up again since I found some instances of the ACES and ACES Rifle in RIOT that have modifications such as Cooling Jacket or Improved Rifling, which these weapons (in their ARMAS open slot form) normally can't equip due to being saddled with useless red modifications.

These certainly do not make the weapon game-breaking so I believe the preset modification should be removed to bring them closer to currently dominant SMGs such as the OCA, Whisper and PMG.  

Also, the argument that Heavy Barrel 3 would completely negate bloom on this weapon is nonsensical, as this already happens on the N-SSW with HB2 and noone had the idea to disallow red modifications on that weapon.

I'm gonna say no to this. I believe that the preset modification is the whole reason for the series and the downside of not being able to put CJ or IR on it is less of an effect than having distinct play styles for the two. Plus the presets sort of work a little like CJ and IR already.