vfterlife

Matt, you can't handle it.

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

its not as toxic as some people claim.

there's a few toxic ones yes who are very loud but most are not that ive seen.

Yeah, I don't know, I think the basis for this is that all of us over at Fallen Earth are optimistic, and fully behind Little Orbit. I know GamersFirst understood what the true brunt of the hatred was by the end and they just dropped it. I don't know how we could possibly expect improvement if every team that comes in gets a brutal brunt of hatred, slander, and/or horrid personal messages from players that hunt them down just to witch hunt and fire start. That's not the way this needs to be done. We're having amazing things done right as I speak to improve the function of the game and correct things that G1 let plague us for years, and even with that, the passionate community still pats LO on the back, sends them good wishes and regards, and supports their efforts. The only thing I got from a huge chunk of the initial post here was rather brutal, rude or discouraging. 

As I mentioned in another thread in the Fallen Earth forums that means a lot in regards to our growth and restoration: The hardest barrier for a developer/engineer is the unruly timeline set by a cruel and brutally distracting toxic side of a community. They need to hear feedback as to what they're accomplishing and forward thinking communication from the communities as to the progress and/or the issues that need to be fixed, as well as the encouragement to do so. I wouldn't wanna work tirelessly over 48 hours without a true honest break if all I ever heard was "you suck" and "you this" and "you can't do _____", right? If your bosses told you that every day you'd quit your job. I understand that they know the territory of the industry, but the least we can do is be appreciative. That's why I back the FE community in full heart through this, as the only forum posts we have outside of the 1/10 straggler are positive, upbringing, and forward thinking.

-Figment

• Like 1