Spudinskes

District Queue

Queue Type  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Queue Type

• Even Distribution Queue
    • District Specific Queues
    • Both

A queue system that players can join that will evenly spread players as best as possible. This system would aim to have healthy (60+) player numbers in all districts rather than a few full districts and several empty ones. Players can choose which district type (financial, waterfront, Aabington, etc) to queue for. System creates new districts if the number of players in the queue reaches a threshold. Players still have the option to join specific districts, which will have a queue as well Another option is to just have district specific queues.

Edited by Spudinskes
  • Like 1

I like the idea of a queue, honestly. But you have to consider where the player wants or needs to play as well.

There can exist a moment in time where a player will not have a contact in a certain district for missions. If you mean to keep all instances balanced, it may prevent said player from being able to join the correct location to continue progressing through contacts and leveling up.

I'm all for some balance, mainly in the instance where there's a financial silver with 80 people and another with like 1. In that instance I would want a split of 20 from each side to go to the other instance so other players have a chance for pvp.

Of course, this is all brainstorming right now, so let's just keep adding yeah?

3 hours ago, BartMcRoy said:

I like the idea of a queue, honestly. But you have to consider where the player wants or needs to play as well.

There can exist a moment in time where a player will not have a contact in a certain district for missions. If you mean to keep all instances balanced, it may prevent said player from being able to join the correct location to continue progressing through contacts and leveling up.

I'm all for some balance, mainly in the instance where there's a financial silver with 80 people and another with like 1. In that instance I would want a split of 20 from each side to go to the other instance so other players have a chance for pvp.

Of course, this is all brainstorming right now, so let's just keep adding yeah?

You will be able to choose which district type you want to go to. Not being able to choose what type of district you'll join is indeed an absolutely horrible idea. I thought it could be safely assumed but I'll add it to the OP.

Edited by Spudinskes