Sign in to follow this  
Citrin

Xbox 360 setup in 2019?

Hello.

Before anyone say - yes i'm aware there is no offical support for Xbox 360 controllers and that i'm gonna be handicapped against real players. It's not the point.

Question of mine is there some actual way to make controller to work? Tried Steam big picture, APBInput edition and some several "old" ways... Without any success at 100% input. (I know game doesn't support Xbox bumpers axis tilt - it's either 0 or 1).

So... Em help? 😛

Edited by Citrin

Look for a program to map the controller to keyboard/mouse, though might be wonky depending on what you use. 

I've been looking for a bit, there's a program called reWASD, I'm gonna try it later and help you out, or at least see how well it does. 

2 hours ago, _chain said:

Look for a program to map the controller to keyboard/mouse, though might be wonky depending on what you use. 

I've been looking for a bit, there's a program called reWASD, I'm gonna try it later and help you out, or at least see how well it does. 

I saw a lot of mapping programs too but like with reWASD - my main issue was the fact that they costed money.

Ex: http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/pc-controller-support/alpha-gamepad-joystick/xbox-360-ps3-psx-etc/apb-all-points-bulletin-reloaded (Which got mapping for APB, unlike reWASD which don't - and honestly it look good (although putting grenade at the same button as switching shoulders seems idiotic), sadly program is also paid).

Not gonna pay for something i'm gonna do more as try-out. Also such features they present I can do with manual programs - the whole problem is BattlEye which I don't know how will act for mapping keys programs.

Edited by Citrin

1 hour ago, Citrin said:

I saw a lot of mapping programs too but like with reWASD - my main issue was the fact that they costed money.

Ex: http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/pc-controller-support/alpha-gamepad-joystick/xbox-360-ps3-psx-etc/apb-all-points-bulletin-reloaded (Which got mapping for APB, unlike reWASD which don't - and honestly it look good (although putting grenade at the same button as switching shoulders seems idiotic), sadly program is also paid).

Not gonna pay for something i'm gonna do more as try-out. Also such features they present I can do with manual programs - the whole problem is BattlEye which I don't know how will act for mapping keys programs.

I've just installed reWASD on a free license. I thought about cracking a license for the program and using it to its full extent, but it seems that this trial version works and I haven't gotten any "trial version warnings" or whatever. 

Since the only controls i've mapped are the on-foot controls, the driving gets a bit wonky at times, so:

You'll want to map the W and S to your triggers, your nitro to A/X and all that stuff on a different shift/profile which you can access by a quick combination of controls. 

As for the rest of the on-foot controls i use the Xbox button on your controller to access the Esc menu. Kept the arrows for k-ing up, accessing inventory, interacting, etc. Y for switching shoulders, X for nades, RB+LB for leaning...

I'm not really a controller player, but i've tried walking around, shooting, jumping+leaning, and overall it is very smooth. I've had my experiences with these programs and they were not as decent. Even the aiming, but I suggest adjusting the sensitivity to something lower than the default because of its snappiness. 

As for BattlEye, no problems whatsoever, and I doubt it will cause any. 

Next thing i'll do is poke around and find out which crack works, but i don't think i can post any links here.

Edited by _chain

sigh.

You can rebind the keys DIRECTLY to your Xbox controller.

154D0670FC3CC459D61CC9F552985EF5D226CD5B

Go to your controls then key binds if your xbox 360 controller is already connected the hard part is done,

Click on the box you want to rebind (the 2nd box so it doesn't ruin your keyboard controls) then Press the button on the controller you want to rebind it too

For example , I clicked the 2nd box under "fire weapon" then on my controller i pulled the right trigger.

No idea if any of that helps, I just use the "xbox 360 adaptor for windows" i plug it in sync my controller then jump right into apb, "XboxStat" is also a nice program shows battery life as well.

mini brag - won 2 matches in "beacon" using a controller.

Edited by Zolerox

3 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

sigh.

154D0670FC3CC459D61CC9F552985EF5D226CD5B

Go to your controls then key binds if your xbox 360 controller is already connected the hard part is done,

Click on the box you want to rebind (the 2nd box so it doesn't ruin your keyboard controls) then Press the button on the controller you want to rebind it too

For example , I clicked the 2nd box under "fire weapon" then on my controller i pulled the right trigger.

No idea if any of that helps, I just use the "xbox 360 adaptor for windows" i plug it in sync my controller then jump right into apb, "XboxStat" is also a nice program shows battery life as well.

mini brag - won 2 matches in "beacon" using a controller.

WELP, so that was completely useless. Anyways, there you go i guess

3 minutes ago, _chain said:

WELP, so that was completely useless. Anyways, there you go i guess

"Fought 100's of enemies to make it into a castle , only to find out the princess is in another castle"

And here's my controller (what I use at least also got a chrome one.)

DSC02899_original.jpg

15 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

sigh.

That's the problem. APB ignores every input from my Xbox 360 controller.

Also using windows adapter for wireless connector and even got installed all necessary drivers - controller works in all games... but APB.

Edited by Citrin

Before both triggers worked... now even them are dead after removing APBInput.ini and generating new one.

Wth is wrong with this game settings...

Controller is clearly working in Windows and APB config is setup to detect it but still ignores it... What?...

Edit:

Alright after screwing around with admin privilliges I think I know what caused it.

It was non-elevated Steam.

If you struggle like me - elevate Steam, APBLauncher, APBprogram and if you use it APBAdvancedLauncher.

Make sure APBInput.ini is NOT set to read-only.

That's all.

Edited by Citrin

On 1/7/2019 at 11:11 AM, Citrin said:

Before both triggers worked... now even them are dead after removing APBInput.ini and generating new one.

Wth is wrong with this game settings...

Controller is clearly working in Windows and APB config is setup to detect it but still ignores it... What?...

Edit:

Alright after screwing around with admin privilliges I think I know what caused it.

It was non-elevated Steam.

If you struggle like me - elevate Steam, APBLauncher, APBprogram and if you use it APBAdvancedLauncher.

Make sure APBInput.ini is NOT set to read-only.

That's all.

H, Non tech savvy pleb here, What exactly do I have to do to get this to work? All I want is to use the controller for driving.