Sign in to follow this  
BrandonBranderson

Sungnyemun Moirai Reverse Gear

This one has been an issue throughout most of APB Reloaded's lifespan.

Summary:  The reverse gear of the Moirai is extremely slow and has absolutely no power behind it.

Description:  This has been brought about back when G1 decided to "fix" the vehicle physics.  The problem with the reverse gear is that there's absolutely no power behind it and it can just barely make it up a slope.  The problem is exaggerated with a full trunk.

Steps to Reproduce: 

-Enter a Moirai

-Hold "S"

Reproduced 100% of the time.

Results:  The car barely has enough power in reverse to move itself yet the rear wheels sometimes seem to spin like there's no traction.

Expected Results: It should at least have sufficient power to reverse up a slope.

Additional info:

I'm assuming this happened due to an oversight back when G1 was working on changing the vehicle physics.  For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to convert the Moirai from AWD to RWD, and apparently didn't take into account how AWD works.  When moving forward with AWD the power should be distributed a little more towards the back to help push the car along.  However when you're in reverse the power should be distributed more towards the front to push the car backwards.  What I don't think they realized is that by converting it to RWD it now just has the low powered rear wheels dragging the car, and the other, more powerful axle has been eliminated, leaving it with barely enough power to carry itself.  I'd love it if this car were to be reverted to its original stats as an AWD, because from what I remember, it used to be a really good car thats low health was justified by the amount of power it had.  Now due to it's low health it can't afford to have a broken reverse gear.

Edited by BrandonBranderson