Sign in to follow this  
Konattchi

Permanent EXP Bonus after maxing out a character

Since reaching lvl 255 is very grindy and not very motivating to make a second character I suggest to add a perma exp bonus after a max out. This will stimulate players to buy characters slots and it would be even better if this stacks. Maxing out 1 character x2 exp for next one. Maxing out 2 characters x3 exp and so on.

Interesting and convenient, but I fear it would destroy a good source of income, Premium.

Adding the ability to purchase max-rank boosts like some other games are doing is more of a win-win to players and LO.

8 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

Interesting and convenient, but I fear it would destroy a good source of income, Premium.

Adding the ability to purchase max-rank boosts like some other games are doing is more of a win-win to players and LO.

Truth be told I think that the real use of premium is for the cash reward. The cash increase is not something to be taken lightly and its valuable enough to be wanted even if you have maxed out your characters.

4 hours ago, Konattchi said:

Truth be told I think that the real use of premium is for the cash reward. The cash increase is not something to be taken lightly and its valuable enough to be wanted even if you have maxed out your characters.

If you are a person who is committed to grinding $ in order to buy legendary weapons off the marketplace, absolutely! To a certain degree..

If not, then I disagree. Premium is mostly used for customization and character levelling (and faster nitrous cooldown, which is only fun with a Vegas). APB is just too generous when it comes to in-game $. Without premium, a player can buy 10-day weapons, spawn cars or use explosive weapons for a mere $100 and still have a net positive income. I personally play without premium and never felt poor or financially pressured. I was still able to afford legendary weapons sold at the marketplace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you are saying is absolutely true, double $ on average is desired by many players, however it is not the only benefit from premium. Free-2-play games are grindy by default and is a good way to keep them alive and running for People to play. Hence, to freely give players the luxury of not grinding a new character defeats the whole system. It is still legal however to buy max-level characters instead of buying batches of premium. Think of it as a higher-grade premium convenience.

Now that I think of it, other MMOs have purpose for max-level characters, such as access to max-level-restricted continents, etc... in APB though, max levels would only have access to contact stuff such as clothing, vehicles, etc.... WHICH you can easily transfer from your other max-rank character, barely giving it any purpose. The only benefit I see is to be able to purchase OSMAWs and O-PGLs without grinding for them, which is fair. But again, don't expect to get that convenience for free, this is a free-2-play game after all