Sign in to follow this  
Infinit3Fairl1ght

About Armas and it's content

I have a rather complex suggestion, so please stick with me here.

So, you all are very well aware of all those allegations that Armas guns are P2W. At the same time, you also might've noticed there's been no new weapons for those who don't buy stuff from Armas - not just reskins, but actually new weapons, like ACES, Scout or ATAC, for example. The only weapons we've been given are M1922 and OSCAR - it's something, but require going through slow and tedious progress of leveling newest contacts and always come with two slots, which not everyone might need (or need more, but guess what - for 3-slotted M1922 you'd have to spend WAY too much than it's actual worth; glad Matt Scott himself noticed that too). Sure, there's Joker vendors, but you'd have to go through Fight Club if you want to get all those guns, and even then it'll take a while (no, contact activities give chump change, it's out of the question). Plus not all of us like playing on Fight Clubs (I sure don't). Which brings me to my suggestion.

What I'm proposing is a complete rework of Armas and weapon earning process. In my opinion, all the different weapons with unique statistics should be obtainable the same way as any other. As in, unlocked through contacts as non-slotted versions and through leveling specific weapon rank for slotted versions. As for Armas, what should only be sold there are reskins. I'm sure no one would mind cashing out for a cool looking reskin of the gun they love using that also has a convenient feature of being permanent and account bound, but also no one would complain about P2W, because you'll be well aware that, for example, some guy killing you with STAC is, in fact using a reskinned SR15 which you can always get from contacts and be on an even battlefield, where only the actual skill will matter. And as for Joker vendors, I'd say there should be Joker exclusive reskins with unique mods, but nothing too imbalanced please. OCA Whisper or Joker Box weapons would definitely fall into that theme.

What about clothing, weapon skins and car parts? Well that one's rather easy. Cash shop exclusive stuff of that sort is absolutely fine. But there also should be a good variety for those who don't spend money. It kinda hurts seeing all available car parts for every car hidden behind paywall. After all, APB's customization is the holy grail of it. Completely paywalling it is a big no-no.

For a good example of how it should work see Path of Exile - the game is basically thriving for several years now. And it's cash shop only sells reskins and minor inconvenience removers, nothing more.

Well, that's all I have. I really wanted to share this with everyone for 7 years straight, but only now, with our new benefactors from Little Orbit, I feel safe to suggest something so radical.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 1:42 PM, BXNNXD said:

adding new ways for players to obtain f2p content is something that needs to happen imo

i think role level 5, 10, and 15 should unlock the corresponding 0slot, 1slot, and 2slot armas weapons for leasing

perhaps role 16 could unlock 3slot armas weapons for leasing, or possible even create a role 17 for that

i really like the idea of roles being account bound tho

On 9/24/2018 at 5:02 PM, BXNNXD said:
i’d rather armas leases become APB$ options and have joker tickets be the avenue for purchasing permanent armas items (since they can be strictly regulated), but that’s a separate suggestion

cant say i like the idea of tradeable everything, unless both people have already purchased the armas item being traded 
On 7/2/2018 at 9:25 AM, LUST said:

This is a popular suggestion re-created from the old forums dating back to 2012.

I have stated this a few times within threads and truly believe it cannot even be argued:

Permanent 3-Slot Weapons should be available for purchase from contacts if a player completes the respective role.

[Notes]:

• These weapons won't be free, of course, it will *definitely cost more* than the current 10-day lease for the 3-slot weapon type.
  • The option to lease a 10-day 3-slot weapon will still be offered.
  • These weapons cannot be traded.
  • This will still let G1 sell Permanent/30-day leases to those who don't want to spend time leveling the respective role to get the 3-slot option (like it is currently).
  • This will still let G1 sell skinned variants of the weapons.
  • This will still let G1 sell variants of the same weapons but with modifications that are altered or not normally allowed together (ex Tagger Modification with Three-Point Sling).
  • This will further prove that the game isn't P2W to those skeptical about the game and want something to blame.
  • This will give people a reason to further max roles instead of stopping because there is really no gain.

If anyone else has any thing else beneficial to add, please do and I'll edit this post.
If anyone has objections, I hope you can formulate a decent argument.

Additional Comments (not in original 2012 post, but discussed):

• Original suggestion was when Weapon Roles capped at 15 and Contact Rank capped at 195. Weapon Roles were increased by 1 to award players the Chrome skin.
  • Could increase the number of ranks in role past the current Rank 16 for each weapon in the category, keeping continual progression.
  • Rank 16 currently grants the Chrome Skin; Ranks afterward can give permanent unlock option for each (ex. Rank 17 = 3-slot Permanent STAR, Rank 18 = 3-slot Permanent N-TEC, etc.).
  • Higher ranks can introduce options for the newer weapons (ex. ATAC, FAR, COBR-A, etc.)
  • APB$ Money Sink (for rich players) and additional reason to use the Marketplace, Ram-Raid, and/or play the game...

i think the game needs a pretty major overhaul in regards to f2p content

heres some related suggestions i like

Your second quoted suggestion is pretty much the same angle from which I'm addressing the issue. That is exactly what's needed, except there's no need to put every single reskin. As I've said, for the sake of having your favorite gun looking and sounding different, Armas would be perfect, as long as there's always a version with same stats available from contacts for APB$.

58 minutes ago, Aurora_Valis said:

Your second quoted suggestion is pretty much the same angle from which I'm addressing the issue. That is exactly what's needed, except there's no need to put every single reskin. As I've said, for the sake of having your favorite gun looking and sounding different, Armas would be perfect, as long as there's always a version with same stats available from contacts for APB$.

i see no reason why all armas stuff shouldnt be obtainable via f2p methods, as long as its a suitable grind

while it might get a few more people to spend money i think in the end locking away a majority of the content behind a paywall pushes more people away, since whatever the f2p players are left with just isnt enough to really draw them in imo