Bhqk

Improved Rifling changes reverted ?

32 minutes ago, Frosi said:
The Obeya and N-tec in CQC play the exact same way if you ignore that one is fully automatic and the other is semi-automatic.
Obeya min-TTK with perfectly timed shots: 0.84s (0.78s with CJ3)
N-TEC min-TTK: 0.70s (0.65s with CJ3).

Sure, 140ms isn't much of a difference when you have the drop on someone, but the gap becomes even bigger if you don't fire at perfect intervals, and for me it's hard to see how the Obeya could compete against the N-TEC in CQC, much less any other CQC weapon. These are just stats though, and doesn't reflect actual gameplay, so I'd still need to watch someone use it effectively in CQC. If you got any videos or past broadcasts that shows it being used in CQC, I could get an better understanding of it.

32 minutes ago, Frosi said:
I just think at this point it will be hard to completely change mods and how they work as it'll piss off a lot of players, especially the veterans. I want changes for sure, the meta has been dominated by ranged weapons for too long, however, I believe that they need a team of dedicated players to give them proper feedback on weapon changes before pushing things to live and then also have a team of more casual players that are also willing to give proper feedback. There should be a fair balance between balancing things around average players and also highly skilled players. 

There are things in the game that are "easier" to balance that weapons such as missions, namely 4-5 minute Scavenger missions or missions that require you to raid and deliver 2 heavy items in the same stage.
It's hard to pick a group of players that would be able to provide good feedback for weapon changes. Just look at the two of us having different opinions already. It's a pity that there isn't more people posting suggestions and feedback on this forum. Though I don't believe there's a difference between balancing things around average or highly skilled players, as balance implies it would be balanced all-around. Opinions would of course differentiate based on experience, but lessening the skill ceiling to make the game more casual isn't a healthy longterm solution, which has already been proven with this low TTK and increased amount of RNG to weapon behaviors.

I'm not under any illusion that weapon balance will bring in new players (at best, it might bring back old ones), but it could mean that newcomers would stick around longer. Mission balancing is another thing that the game needs, but it's in kind of the similar scenario as weapon balancing. Though with a better balanced game, it might make people less ashamed of playing it, and more prone to recommending it to their friends.

I'd personally prioritize performance, and making the game more intuitive for new players. But I need to take a day and go through the negative reviews on steam, and check all the old youtube reviews for the game, to see what actively turns people off from playing it. Edited by Dopefish

12 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

Obeya min-TTK with perfectly timed shots: 0.84s (0.78s with CJ3)
N-TEC min-TTK: 0.70s (0.65s with CJ3).

Sure, 140ms isn't much of a difference when you have the drop on someone, but the gap becomes even bigger if you don't fire at perfect intervals, and for me it's hard to see how the Obeya could compete against the N-TEC in CQC, much less any other CQC weapon. These are just stats though, and doesn't reflect actual gameplay, so I'd still need to watch someone use it effectively in CQC. If you got any videos or past broadcasts that shows it being used in CQC, I could get an better understanding of it.

Well, it's 80ms because people use no red modification on the N-tec now and even if it would be CJ 1 or 2 because 3 is currently bugged and makes it bloom far more than intended.
14 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

I'd personally prioritize performance, and making the game more intuitive for new players. But I need to take a day and go through the negative reviews on steam, and check all the old youtube reviews for the game, to see what actively turns people off from playing it.

I suppose 3.5 will allow this process to be much easier and should also come with a lot more optimization than what we currently have. I totally agree that the game needs to be made easier to understand for newer players, matchmaking plays a huge part in the unenjoyable learning curve of APB while a new Tutorial should be a big priority for them after 3.5 launches.